This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Maria Menounos knows nothing about James Bond.

9 replies to this topic

#1 malaysian_bond

malaysian_bond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:07 AM

Seriously, read all her interviews. She knows nothing about James Bond. She never tell or reference anything James Bond at all. heck, she didn't know anything about video games. here's some parts from her interview with IGN:

"EA: Favorite game and why?

Maria Menounos: "From Russia with Love", of course!"

IGN Interviews Maria Menounos

What the heck? Hey lady, if you want to say that the video game you're doing is actually you're favourite game, then you must have never played a video game before. Why don't try a game like Halo 2 or something?

Besides, she has never said anything about James Bond. She has never said what's her favourite Bond movie, nor her favourite Bond girl. Please Maria, don't act as if you know everything about james Bond: GameSpy interviews Maria Menounos

Oh and EA, why would you get this girl as a Bond girl? I know she's pretty and hot, but she knows nothing about james Bond. That's what happened to halle Berry. Apparently, she has NEVER watched a Bond movie at all, that's why DAD sucked. You get my point?

#2 Niwram

Niwram

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 368 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 12:59 PM

What an unnecessary idiotic thread.

Edited by Niwram, 17 December 2005 - 01:11 PM.

#3 Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 02:03 PM

No, this thread is not unnecessary and idiotic. It bugs me too, you know. I haven't slept for weeks since those Maria Menounos interviews.

Oh, and malaysian-bond: the links don't work. How odd.

#4 malaysian_bond

malaysian_bond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 02:20 PM

Oh, and malaysian-bond: the links don't work. How odd.

View Post

Here's the IGN interview:

Q&A with "FRWL's" Maria Menounos

EA: Favorite game and why?

Maria Menounos: "From Russia with Love", of course!

EA: Favorite Film...

Menounos: The Wizard of Oz. I grew up in a non English speaking home but that film and its message are so universal that I could understand it.

EA: Music - favorite styles and artists?

Menounos: I love all kinds of music - literally! Growing up, all I ever heard was Greek music and was only allowed to sing and perform in the church choir. At 13, I had saved up enough to get a cheap little radio and then it was on. I was like a kid in a candy store and into everything from Guns N Roses to Madonna.

EA: Favorite Travel Destination...

Menounos: Boston, of course. The food, the people and my four favorite teams: the Patriots, Red Sox, Bruins and Celtics.

EA: What do you think about playing this part in the "From Russia with Love game?

Menounos: To do anything professionally with Sean Connery is one of the highest honors. Besides, I just recently got into video games and I am hooked.

EA: How were you approached?

Menounos: Through Alix Gucovsky- my amazing commercial agent. She had just booked Pantene for me and called days later asking if I wanted to be part of the game.

EA: What are your holiday picks for games this year?

Menounos: "From Russia with Love"!

EA: Talk a bit about your current projects, how much fun are you having?

Menounos: I'm working so much that I'm kind of waiting for the fun part to kick in - just kidding. Every part of this biz is fun. I've been busy with my production company "Omega Girl Inc." Under the company, I just directed a 35mm film starring Wilmer Valderrama entitled "Longtime Listener" and produced and starred in another 35mm film with Lara Flynn Boyle called "Fwiends.com." I also just optioned the rights to the book "Boy Giant" by Dan Brannan, the true story of 8' 11'', Robert Wadlow. I am also still working on my first 35mm feature entitled "In the Land of Merry Misfits" - a movie that I began making at 18. Knights have been on shorter quests but then I guess that's appropriate since its' independent film's first fairy tale.

I have recurring role on "One Tree Hill", too. My charity "Take Action Hollywood!" just did a day of makeovers for sick children at the LA Children's Hospital. We are also set to award our first annual Cosmo/Omega Girl Cup. It's a nationwide challenge for teens nationwide to see who can do the most to affect for social change in their communities and even the world. Their efforts were judged by a panel of celebrities. The winners names will be permanently inscribed on the cup, an ominously impressive gold and silver creation, created by the famed Hollywood prop specıalısts (Pirates of the Caribbean) "Sword and the Stone." We had thousands of entries in our first year. I'm so excited to see the competition grow and about all the lives that the competition can positively alter.

EA: What challenges do you find in the work you are doing right now?

Menounos: Balancing the load. For example, when I acted in "Without a Trace" as soon as the director yelled cut, I picked up my ET mike and had to switch gears immediately from actress to reporter.

EA: Is there any particular trend or artist that inspires you at the moment?

Menounos: Seeing so many artists today crossover into different areas of the business. It's inspiring.

EA: Three words to describe you?

Menounos: Diverse, resourceful, hard working.

EA: What do you do for fun?

Menounos: I study films from yesterday and today as much as I possibly can. It's my form of graduate film school. I also volunteer at an animal shelter and, of course, play with my four dogs.

And here's the Gamespy Interview:

'From Russia With Love': All About Eva

GameSpy: What got you interested in playing the role of Eva for James Bond 007: From Russia With Love?

Maria Menounos: To be honest, I never thought about doing a video game before. But when Electronic Arts approached me, it was all just right. To be a Bond girl next to Sean Connery was really exciting. I had also never done any voiceover work before, but it was something I was eager to learn.

GameSpy: Did the fact that she's a bad girl make the role more or less appealing to you?

Maria Menounos: I wouldn't say it really made much of a difference. It was fun, it was a lot of fun to play her, but it wasn't a deal breaker.

GameSpy: Are you bummed out that she doesn't have a pun-y name like Pussy Galore, Dr. Holly Goodhead, or Alotta Fagina?

Maria Menounos: It didn't bother me at all. It looks like it bothered you, though.

GameSpy: A little, but then I couldn't really come up with one that was any good. All I came up with was Eva Haveathreesome, Eva Loveyoulongtimeagoria, and Eva Ifyouwerethelastmanonearth.

Maria Menounos: Ha! No, I think Eva is a cool name for her.

GameSpy: You're of Greek descent. Is Eva?

Maria Menounos: Eva doesn't exactly have an origin that we name. Though I did give her an accent, a Greek-Russian kind of hybrid, because I didn't want anyone to be able to place her.

GameSpy: Does she speak any Greek in the game?

Maria Menounos: No.

GameSpy: If she did, how would she say, "No Mr. Bond ... I expect you to die." in Greek?

Maria Menounos: "Ohi, kirie Bond ... thelo na pethanis."

GameSpy: Unlike some actors who appear in video games, you're not just doing your character's voice, they're modeling your character after you as well. Did this make you want to do this more or less?

Maria Menounos: No because the character actually grew from what I originally agreed to. Originally, I was just going to do her voice, but when I came in with my idea for an accent, they really liked it and starting expanding the character. So then we did the face recognition stuff, we got the costume and a gun, and filmed the opening sequence.

GameSpy: What did you think of the outfit you had to wear? Would you ever wear something like that in real life?

Maria Menounos: I never thought I'd wear something fully skin tight like that. It was a little awkward because I was up on this little stage, by myself, and there were like fifty sets of eyes on me. But then I got into character and pretended no one was there, and it was okay.

GameSpy: Did you ask if you could keep it?

Maria Menounos: No, I didn't. I should have. (Looks over at the game's publicist, sitting nearby.) But maybe it'll just mysteriously show up one day.

GameSpy: What do you think of the way your character looks in the game?

Maria Menounos: I think it would be more awkward is she was 100% like me. I think she's kind of looks like a cross between us. It looks like me, but also like Eva.

GameSpy: Well, she's not smiling. You have a very distinctive smile.

Maria Menounos: Yeah, I have a lot of trouble not smiling. I'm always smiling.

GameSpy: You said this was your first experience with voice work. How did you like it?

Maria Menounos: Well, I've done voiceovers for news packages and stuff like that, but never for a character in a game or cartoon. But I loved it. It was awkward at first because I didn't know if I was doing the right thing, so I kept asking, "Is this right? Am I doing this right?" But they were really great about giving good direction. They made it really simple. It was also a lot of fun because you can be completely over the top with it.

GameSpy: Was this the first game you've been asked to do?

Maria Menounos: Uh-huh.

GameSpy: So when they first asked you to do it, did you say yes right away because it was a game, or did you want to know more about it before you signed on?

Maria Menounos: Oh, I'm definitely selective. But knowing it was a Bond game, knowing that Sean Connery was going to be a part of it, knowing that the executives who chose the next Bond girl had to approve me, all of those elements together made it a no-brainer for me.

GameSpy: But aren't you worried that by being a Bond girl in this game you won't get to be one in a movie?

Maria Menounos: No. I think it could only help. And if it doesn't happen, I have plenty I'm looking forward to in my life and career, so I wouldn't be that devastated if that didn't happen.

GameSpy: Are you a fan of the original movie?

Maria Menounos: Y'know, I've never really been introduced to the Bond series properly. I have the DVD of it at home, but I honestly haven't watched it yet. Though they did show me some clips from the film that we were going to reenact in the game.

GameSpy: In the game, you play a bad girl, but you're oh so nice in real life. When you were doing Eva's voice, did you try to act like some evil celebrity you once interviewed for Entertainment Tonight?

Maria Menounos: I actually didn't do that for that long, I was only there for two and a half years, so I never really encountered anyone that evil. I had really good experiences when I was there. I suppose I could've channeled some of the angrier times in my life, but I wasn't thinking about any of that, either.

GameSpy: You've got a pretty distinctive laugh. Did you get it in the game?

Maria Menounos: I don't know. Probably not. It would probably be mistaken for a machinegun, anyway.

GameSpy: Finally, are you bummed out that your character doesn't have a love scene with James Bond?

Maria Menounos: No. I was just excited to be in the game.

#5 FlemingIanFleming

FlemingIanFleming

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:25 PM

Oh and EA, why would you get this girl as a Bond girl? I know she's pretty and hot, but she knows nothing about james Bond. That's what happened to halle Berry. Apparently, she has NEVER watched a Bond movie at all, that's why DAD sucked. You get my point?

View Post

You answered it yourself - she got the job as a Bond girl because she's "pretty and hot." Actresses don't need to be able to win Bond trivia contests in order to get a role as a Bond girl. Personally I thought she did just fine in the role.

And it mattered not one whit to DAD that Halle Berry hadn't seen a Bond film. The movie sucked because it had a lousy script and relied too heavily on bad CGI and comic-book action conventions. Believe me, if you had sat Berry down and made her watch all 19 previous films 10 times each, it wouldn't have made DAD any better.

#6 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:33 PM

She's hot. Who cares if she's not one of us super geeks?

#7 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 06:27 PM

Apparently,Malaysian Bond does. However, I am inclined to agree with the sentiment of Niwram, and no offense, MB but this is kind of a stupid thread. I mean, what are they going to do, hold a contest to see who should be the next Bond girl by throwing trivia questions at them?

Host: Okay, first question: Who was the FIRST James Bond?
Sienna Miller: Ooh, ooh, ooh, Sean Connery!
Host: I'm sorry. No. Anyone else.
Halle Berry: Pierce Brosnan?
Host: :: Buzzer:: Try again.
Denise Richards: Peter Lorre.
Host: I'm sorry, but no (Sorry, Christmas)
Dame Judi Dench: Barry Nelson.
Host: :: Bells dinging:: That is correct!! Ladies and gentlemen, meet our next Bond girl. Vesper Lynd will be played by Dame Judi Dench.

See the problem?

Todd

#8 Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 06:52 PM

Dame Judi Dench: Barry Nelson.
Host: :: Bells dinging:: That is correct!! Ladies and gentlemen, meet our next Bond girl. Vesper Lynd will be played by Dame Judi Dench.

View Post

Could have been worse. David Suchet could have sounded the buzzer.

#9 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:00 PM

Hey, I happen to enjoy Agatha Christie. And no, what would have made it worse was if, the Bond girl, was Tula. :tup: FYEO, dahling

Todd

#10 JennyFlexFan

JennyFlexFan

Cadet

• Crew
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:25 PM

I didn't no there was so much anti-Eva sentiment. I really enjoyed her part in the game. Plus I'm Greek so I may be a bit biased :tup: .