#1 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 02:45 PM

Posted Image

Where did you get your copy of You Only Live Twice?

Where are other places to buy a copy?

Is You Only Live Twice in print where you live?

Having troubles finding You Only Live Twice? Post here.

#2 BondReader 007

BondReader 007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 01:50 PM

I haven't read this book in about 8 years so I am really looking foward to re-reading and discussing it here. :tup:

#3 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 03:36 PM

Remember BondReader, do not reply to reviews in the You Only Live Twice review thread. I've moved your post here.

#4 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 03:55 PM

My first copy was one (perhaps the first ever) James Bond book I ever bought - a US Signet paperback.

I then got the UK Jonathan Cape, which really is faily easy to get compared to the others. In my opinion, Octopussy & The Living Daylights often has the higher price for some reason.

#5 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 08:49 PM

The first YOLT book I bought was from Waterstones in the UK and it was a Coronet paperback. The edition with David Scutt's artwork.

I had nine Fleming Bond books in that series, and before I had discovered ebay I couldn't find the rest. I then began to buy the 60's pan paperbacks and realised I had more chance of having the complete set with them, than I did with the Coronet series. So that's why I sold the Coronet series to Bondian and carried on collection the pan series.

Edited by Gri007, 16 December 2005 - 08:50 PM.

#6 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 09:17 PM

I still need to track down a Coronet/David Scutt You Only Live Twice, then I'll almost have that set complete.

#7 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 07:12 AM

Endless UK 1sts up there now: http://search.ebay.c...prclo=&saprchi=

#8 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:44 AM

Good luck with the search. how many paperbacks have you got of that style Qwerty

#9 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:48 PM

I have all the Fleming's except Diamonds Are Forever, For Your Eyes Only, and You Only Live Twice. I have the few Gardners in that style except for Win, Lose Or Die and SeaFire. I'm working on the Bensons currently.

#10 Quartermaster007

Quartermaster007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 01:25 AM

I have a good copy ready to read. I think I'll be able to join in for this one, but You Only Live Twice is the final part in the SPECTRE Trilogy (Thunderball, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, and You Only Live Twice) Would it be a better idea to read them in order or does it not really matter?

#11 MarcAngeDraco

MarcAngeDraco

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 01:35 AM

I think I may have an extra copy (or two) of YOLT boxed up downstairs (Probably nothing too special, but certainly readable).

If anyone's interested, I'll try to dig them up.

#12 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 01:10 PM

I have a good copy ready to read. I think I'll be able to join in for this one, but You Only Live Twice is the final part in the SPECTRE Trilogy (Thunderball, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, and You Only Live Twice) Would it be a better idea to read them in order or does it not really matter?

View Post

Definitely read them in order.

#13 Byron

Byron

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 05:29 AM

I also have the Cape 1st and the recent Penguin US edition with the busty Japanese babe on the cover.

#14 Quartermaster007

Quartermaster007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 03:50 AM

Well, might as well post the edition of You Only Live Twice I got for Christmas.

First Edition American Signet Paperback

Posted Image

Hopefully will be able to read it soon. :tup:

#15 Bon-san

Bon-san

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4124 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 04:34 AM

My first copy of YOLT was a Signet paperback. I picked up nearly all of the Fleming Bond's in Signet editions in my youth. I could never find CR or FYEO, so I had to wait for the Jove editions to finally read those books.

Several years ago, I awoke from Bond fandom semi-hibernation and I decided I was going to track down First UK Editions of all the Flemings. I quickly discovered that wasn't going to happen unless I won the lottery! But I did manage to put together a collection of Jonathan Cape hardcovers. They all have dustjackets and they all come from 50's and 60's editions (I even found a First of DAF for $25.00 in a used bookstore in Tustin, California). I recently have been investigating these again online, and the prices have definitely gone up, even for 3rd, 4th or 7th editions. Glad I bagged them before, as they're more scarce and more pricey now. They are the most treasured of all my Bond collectibles.

At one time I had a complete run of Signet firsts, as well. The first eight featured different artwork than the mass-printings one sees everywhere. Really beautiful covers. I sold them off in a time of need, which I now regret. C'est la vie. I'll never sell my Capes!

Even though YOLT is a relatively easy Cape to find, it's one of my faves. I love that frog! :tup:

#16 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:14 AM

Even though YOLT is a relatively easy Cape to find, it's one of my faves.  I love that frog!  :tup:

View Post

It's a great cover; agreed. I love those Signet 1st covers as well.

#17 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 08:07 AM

A couple UK firsts up there now: http://search.ebay.c...prclo=&saprchi=