#1 White Knight

White Knight

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 02:23 PM

Who has seen the Sum of All Fears?
I saw it last night, and it was pretty good. Bond is better though. In this movie they make Bond seem fiction. They would say to jack, oh come on 007 or james Bond. They are implying that jack Ryan is real, and james Bond isn't. I wondered after the movie if they would ever make Jack Ryan sorta like Felix, or even Wayde maybe for one Bond movie. It probably won't happen.

#2 WarBird

WarBird

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 370 posts

Posted 19 August 2002 - 02:32 AM

Is the sum of all fears worth seeing? I heard it was a good movie, but never saw it. How would you rate the movie?

#3 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 19 August 2002 - 09:50 AM

That won't happen White Knight because Jack Ryan is Tom Clancy's character and a potential rival of Bond both literally and cinematically.
Just the other day I was reading an article about Ryan Vs. Bond.
I'll find it and post it up.

As a side note, who was your favourite actor in the series?

Mine has to be Alec Baldwin in The Hunt For Red October. No offence to the brilliance of Harrison Ford, but you gotta love Baldwin's Connery impersonation.

"Shome thingsh in here, don't react well to bulletsh"

#4 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 19 August 2002 - 06:52 PM

Whilst I was in town today, I noticed there that there is a PC game for this film out already!
Usually the companies take years to finalise games of films and even then they're not perfect. So, my guess is that it ain't gonna be too good.