Bond Box-office chart

2 replies to this topic

#1 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 21 December 2001 - 08:58 AM

I decided to do an exercise in which I could compare the box-office positions that the Bond movies held in the year of its release. I thought I would share my little project with you. :)

As the US market is the most significant in the world, I thought it best to include these results just to compare the trends in both markets.

As a matter of interest, If you want to know the revenues of each movie, go to WorldWideBoxoffice where I did my research.

BTW, on the all time list TWINE is the highest ranked worldwide as well as in the US, 56 and 136 respectively. TND is the second in both markets as well: 64 worldwide, and 142 in the US.

The chart definitely shows that Bond is more popular worldwide (5 no.1s compared to 1) than in the US (4 out of 5 that are not in the top 10).

Anyway, have a look, see what you think, and post any observations you make. Including my mistakes, I suppose. :)

#2 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 21 December 2001 - 09:41 AM

I find the result of OHMSS very interesting, considering its reputation as a box office dud.

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 21 December 2001 - 10:41 AM

I can't view the HTML file right now, computer problems. However, I did read in a newspaper recently that ThunderBall is the biggest grossing Bond film of all time if you take into account inflation.