Photo

Find thoses Bloopers!

25 replies to this topic

#1 007

Cadet

• Crew
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2001 - 03:05 PM

I'm not too hot on finding things like this because i get so engrossed in the film but with a little prompting from the commentry by Director Michael G. Wilson on the dvd i noticed right after the theatre/mime scene in Goldeneye, Bond uses a camera/telescope to look across the harbour....but it moves from one eye to the other between shots. The Director admits this was an error! Keep 'em coming, there must be loads more.

#2 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 04 October 2001 - 12:51 PM

I'm not so sure...

Although this is only mentioned in passing, the egg up for sale at the auction is a real one, being sold by Octopussy/Kamal to rasie muchly loadsa cash.

The egg 00thing steals from the circus is a fake one. Presumably pinched from the chest inside the cannon. Maybe.

So, JB goes to the auction with the fake and swaps it for the real one. Ergo, Kamal pays way over the odds anyway, but especially so because the one he does buy is a fake (a little bit of unexpected subtlety there).

Bond goes off to India for no better reason than it's where KK lives (this is a slightly tenuous plot) and there's the backgammon game. Real egg on the board. Back in Bond's pocket. Then it's chasey chasey wildly racist tu tuk thing into Q's laboratory, there's a joke about Q's willy and one about a young lady's breasts, and then Q puts a bug in the real egg.

Bit of the old lovey dovey with the blonde Swede who does not die and without whom the film would not suffer and then over the railings she goes, ouef en mitt. Bond falls over, wakey wakey in nice palace, bit of the usual dialogue and dinner and whatnot and then spying on Kamal and Steven Berkoff (not overacting wildly at all, oh dear me no) and there's the real egg.

Which Steven Berkoff then smashes.

No wonder Louis Jourdan looks a bit pained. What's not really explained is where his fake egg he bought for whatever it was at the auction went.

And face it folks, it's still about 20 minutes more pratting about in India before the real plot about putting the bomb on the airbase turns up. And what has that got to do with what's been going on in India? Absolutely blimming nothing.

#3 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 04 October 2001 - 11:41 AM

Octopussy, this one I find hard to believe has never(?) cropped up before. The biggest mistake to incorporate the scriptwriters, the director and, presumably, the continuity girl, is the fact that Kamal Kahn smashes the wrong egg at his palace. The egg with the bug in it is the one that Jim switches at the auction. This is used as collateral in his backgammon game and the one that Kahn takes offence to.

Good move - he was then left with a comparatively worthless copy

#4 Vargas

Vargas

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 October 2001 - 03:49 PM

Small 'Blooper' never noticed til I bought the dvd versions.
In FRWL the 'Inside' documentary points to the chess tournament set designed by Mr. Syd Cain. One of his team painted a glass matte for the long shots to show a highly decorated baroque style ceiling. (It disguises the studio lighting/rigging etc)
These frescos decorate right down to just above the pillars which line the perimeter of the chess board floor area in the long shots.
But when it cuts to 3/4 shots of Kronsteen recieving the message from SPECTRE, the pillar behind him clearly has no painting above them.

LALD, Quarrel's boat, Rosie Carver holds a gun at Quarrel thinking he intends to strangle Bond. After oo7 explains her mistake, Quarrel states she may have even killed him if she had taken off the safety catch. But the gun is a revolver and they don't have safety catches - only automatics like Bond's PPK.

#5 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 04 October 2001 - 02:14 PM

Sorry to be a pain in the :) but;

1. Are you agreeing that the real egg was smashed, thereby creating a problem. I think Kahn says that this fake egg has caused too many problems but the bug was definitely placed in the real one.

2. A point of curiousity - your answers are essay like in length and construction - do you have a job or something to fill the hours other than to entertain the internet fraternity on this site?

#6 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 02 October 2001 - 12:54 AM

Has Lana Wood being in other movies, or did she end up like her character...washed up.

#7 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 29 September 2001 - 03:29 PM

OK boys, this is what you didn't see in DAF

#8 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 29 September 2001 - 01:25 AM

If I had a DVD-Rom I'd post it, but sadly I don't! :)

#9 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 21 September 2001 - 11:21 PM

Okay, it's come down to discussing nipple shots... Cool!

Diamonds are Forever. When Bond rolls atop Tiffany on the goldfish waterbed...nipple.

#10 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 28 September 2001 - 01:55 AM

You are right. I stand corrected.
I'm still waiting for someone to post a shot of Tiffany's exposed nipple in DAF. :)

#11 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 01 October 2001 - 12:03 AM

So, who's got plenty o'toole now! :-D

#12 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 27 September 2001 - 11:04 PM

Do :) A lot of poeple think it's a mistake I believe. But rewatch it and you'll figure it out.

#13 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 27 September 2001 - 09:52 AM

Oh OK. I'll have to have another look at that.

#14 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 27 September 2001 - 07:48 AM

Sorry but you're wrong about that TWINE one blofelds_cat. If you actually look at it, the food/fish hitting the windscreen is hitting the windscreen of the ensuing police car. Not the Q Boat!

#15 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 26 September 2001 - 02:14 PM

Q's jet boat in TWINE had an open cockpit, and yet as Bond was careening through the restaurant all the food and drink seem to splash up onto a windscreen.
And at no time after that shot do you see Bond with food all over him.

#16 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 01 October 2001 - 04:20 PM

blofelds_cat (01 Oct, 2001 01:03 a.m.):

Why, here's Plenty now!, standing in the driveway of "The Whyte House" (aka The Las Vegas Hilton).

#17 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 02 October 2001 - 05:24 AM

Great pics James. Where did you get them all? She's smoking in one. And in another, I think, you can see through her underwear and yes... it's a front shot!

#18 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 21 September 2001 - 03:41 PM

watch for your eyes only, when bond is with lisl, you can see her nipple at one point when they are sitting by the fire, slow it down, it's there, and in TWINE same for sophie when bond rolls her over in bed, not bloopers, but they're good enough....

#19 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 04 October 2001 - 04:28 PM

Simon (04 Oct, 2001 03:14 p.m.):
1.  Are you agreeing that the real egg was smashed, thereby creating a problem.  I think Kahn says that this fake egg has caused too many problems but the bug was definitely placed in the real one.

The egg with the bug is the real egg. Orlov smashes it with the line, "This fake has caused enough problems." Kahn doesn't have time to say anything (or he was leading Orlov to believe it was a fake so he could run off with it). This is why Kahn looks so pained when it's smashed and is so mad after seeing Orlov off. It isn't a continuity problem, but it is a bit confusing.

Simon (04 Oct, 2001 03:14 p.m.):
2.  A point of curiousity - your answers are essay like in length and construction - do you have a job or something to fill the hours other than to entertain the internet fraternity on this site?

That's kind of nasty comment there, Simon. WTF?

#20 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 05 October 2001 - 09:39 AM

[/quote]
That's kind of nasty comment there, Simon. WTF?[/quote]

On the contrary, I'm impressed with the guy's dedication to the task - the points are always well made, certainly humorous and always entertaining.

Maybe it is the problem of tone of humour over email - so easily misconstrued.

What does WTF mean??

#21 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 05 October 2001 - 12:34 PM

[quote]Simon (05 Oct, 2001 10:39 a.m.):
[/quote]
What does WTF mean??[/quote]

WTF do you think it means?

No offence taken because none was intended.

"Short" answer to your question is that inspiration usually hits about lunchtime. This is not due to being inspired by my job, trust me. I know I should be going out and breathing in the fresh air of the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness, close bosom (oo-er) friend of the maturing sun, but if you've ever seen Oxford at lunchtime you'll probably get some idea that a wheelchair ain't the most practical thing. So I sit and mouth off (type off?) about whatever takes my fancy.

There is a longer answer to this question but we'll save that for a rainy day and today the sun, she is a shaft of gold when all around is dark. Like a stream of bat's piss. I am allowed to say piss because it appears in Licence to Kill and is therefore deep and meaningful.

Enough of this drivel.

Back to the plot (such as it is) of Octopussy. Either Orlov smashing up the real egg is a terrible continuity error (in which case that's sloppy) or Kamal Kahn's visage o' pain is some "acting" by Loius Jourdan, but it's wasted because the plot has twisted and turned and nobody can remember what the hell is going on anyway, and of course, the bloody eggs have nothing to do with the plot anyway.

WTF indeed.

#22 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 05 October 2001 - 12:54 PM

I rest my case.

So is everyone else tuning into this guy's turn of phrase now? More importantly - can anyone tune into mine??!

#23 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 05 October 2001 - 05:30 PM

Simon (05 Oct, 2001 10:39 a.m.):
On the contrary, I'm impressed with the guy's dedication to the task - the points are always well made, certainly humorous and always entertaining.

Maybe it is the problem of tone of humour over email - so easily misconstrued.

Sorry, Simon. I misunderstood the tone of your post. My fault. Sorry.

#24 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 01 October 2001 - 07:43 PM

blofelds_cat (01 Oct, 2001 01:03 a.m.):

That cut scene certainly explains some of the wooden acting.

#25 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 22 September 2001 - 12:43 AM

We all need to keep 'a breast' of these things. :-D
The most obvious blooper, I think, is in DAF when Bond in the moon buggy is being chased by police in the desert. As one of the cop cars does a 'flying leap' you can see one of the buggy wheels roll into shot.
I can't believe that this could not be re-shot as it is too obvious.
Must of run out of cars to crash.

#26 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 21 September 2001 - 11:50 PM

You boys should see the stuff cut out of DAF with Plenty...!!! I've just got to get one last cut scene and I'll pop the stuff up on MI6.