Future Bonds

2 replies to this topic

#1 Iceman

Iceman

Cadet

• Crew
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2001 - 10:44 PM

Now, most of us know that next year Brosnan is 49 years young....Bond is "35 forever".....so.......who's next in line? Yea there's been rumours about Robbie Williams (no thanks), Ewan McGregor (phu!), Hugh Grant (what?!), Gerard Butler ('who?' I can hear you say, [my fav.]) and even Rupert Everet (the 'Claw' in Inspector Gadget anyone?!). EON, Danjaq and Barbara B. don't always go for the most famous (Ozzie model - Lazenby) ..... why dont they go around to the top schools in Britain and help with young people's careers to get into acting (especially when it isn't really that great). Or, as i would prefer, go to the schools ad give the students a test on Bond, actors, actresses, locations, films, books etc. Then those with the best score might just get something...like a part in a Bond film, an extra or with some speech involved or interaction with Bond. I no it seems a bit over the top, especially with the production of Bond 20 soon to be underway, but im sure they could do something, even if it doesn't happen for another few years....here's hoping they visit St Bon's in London!!!!

#2 ppk

ppk

Cadet

• Crew
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 December 2001 - 02:51 AM

Brosnan is 48 in Bond 20, and he will do Bond 21 at 50.
And after that, he can call it a day if he wish. Although he is 48, he can pass for 40.He is the Bond of my gen-X generation. He is the best Bond!!!

#3 zerozeroseven

zerozeroseven

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 January 2002 - 02:22 PM

Roger Moore was 55 in Octopussy and he was still able to pull off the character somewhat enjoyably, so maybe Brosnan has several more Bonds in him yet. As Moore got older, we still watched him. He didn't look real good, but he was still Bond (even in AVTAK, though that was pushing it). It'd be nice to see Brosnan do six. Keeping the same actor maintains a nice sense of continuity in the series.