xbox/tv connection problems

2 replies to this topic

#1 Flavius

Flavius

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:59 AM

I'm having problems getting my xbox to connect to one of my televisions, which is frustrating as I just picked up FRWL and would like to play it on my large set. :D

The TV is a Toshiba 289X8M. I can get a 'ghost' image coming through on a couple of channels, but no amount of tuning seems to get the xbox proper on screen.

Can anyone enlighten me on what I'm missing here? And please phrase any responses in language that is kind to those of us that suffer from technophobia..... :tup:

#2 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 04:21 AM

Does your TV have a place for you to plug in the red, yellow and white cord that came with the Xbox?

If not, then your TV is too old and you'll have to get an adaptor.

If so, then try turning on Video 1, Video 2, etc. until you get the Xbox screen.

Make sure all of the cables are plugged in and that the Xbox is on.

If that doesn't work then you should consult your Xbox user's manual.

I don't own an Xbox but all of the current systems are pretty standard when it comes to hooking them up.

#3 Flavius

Flavius

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 04:15 AM

Thanks mate.... yes, there is the normal yellow, red & white plugs, but the input through them just didn't seem to work.

To my lasting embaressment, the problem is now solved.... we plugged the xbox into the VCR and it worked on screen instantly.

Why am I embaressed? Er, because my nine year old nephew worked this out..... :tup: