2 replies to this topic

#1 Friedrich Baxter

Friedrich Baxter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 November 2001 - 12:52 AM

Look very closely DAF again! When Jaems Bond is driving the Mustang for the first time on two weels, we see the upside of the Mustang. Then. Bond drives a little bit more on the right pair of the two wheels (wheels under Tiffany). Then 007 says" Lean over!". At this point we see clearly in the car that bond is going to change by riding on the LEFT two wheels. At the end we see now the chassis of the Mustang. Tada! No silly mistake at all.

And, about OHMSS. Blofeld couldn't recognize James Bond from YOLT, because there he was heavily cosmetically altered to look Japanese. Not well down though, but maybe it could have been done more heavily.

#2 Friedrich Baxter

Friedrich Baxter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 426 posts

Posted 16 November 2001 - 05:51 PM

Perhaps it is not possible, but I can't say it's a real mistake! A real mistake is, that Bond is still living! But we don't bother. I just wanted to say that it was not a very stupid blunder as many people think. There are some good reasons to call it NOT a stupid mistake, as I already remarked.

#3 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 16 November 2001 - 01:10 PM

[quote]Friedrich Baxter (15 Nov, 2001 12:52 a.m.):
Look very closely DAF again! When Jaems Bond is driving the Mustang for the first time on two weels, we see the upside of the Mustang. Then. Bond drives a little bit more on the right pair of the two wheels (wheels under Tiffany). Then 007 says" Lean over!". At this point we see clearly in the car that bond is going to change by riding on the LEFT two wheels. At the end we see now the chassis of the Mustang. Tada! No silly mistake at all.
quote]

The producers actually noticed the mistake after filming the sequence and shot the close up of Bond and Tiffany when he says "Lean over". But its STILL wrong! How could the car go onto its other side in such a narrow alley?