New Bond Game

5 replies to this topic

#1 Yitztak

Yitztak

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 11:18 PM

I have this idea. It's difficult to piece together, but I'm working on it. If anyone has played the outrageously popular Jade Empire or Star Wars: KOTOR, you can see where I am going with this. It is in the style of those games, with the "fighting styles" being weapons and the "abilities" being just that- spylike abilities like using the various gadgets. It will be choice-based, and you can move towards reckless or professional when it comes to the agent. But you do not play as Bond. For physical descriptions, perhaps a choice of generic looks will do. Anyway, you fight through the first missions/campaigns and your recklessness (whether or not you destroy civilian structures or endanger fellow agents) will be judged. Then you will get the offer to be in SPECTRE. You can join SPECTRE (instant reckless points) or MI-6 as a Double-Oh (instant professional points). If you desire, you could be a professional SPECTRE agent, but at a crucial time, Blofeld will consider you expendable and will try to kill you, and MI-6 will extract you to work for them. If you are a reckless agent, you will be abandoned (given the key like DAD and extracted by SPECTRE who has been watching you).
The mission is generally the same, but from opposing sides. SPECTRE is trying some plot for world domination and MI-6 is trying to stop it. If you are with MI-6, your end will be to combat Blofeld. If you decide the SPECTRE path, it will end with a match between you and Bond. The ending will reflect choices. These will be potential allies (followers from the JE or KOTOR crowd) that may leave you based on choices, perhaps even a romance (as long as there is no explicit sex, nudity, etc. I would like this game to be rated Teen for some violence). There will be sub-plots like helping other criminals, saving people's lives, etc. What do you all think?

#2 Darksideoftheschwartz

Darksideoftheschwartz

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 01:50 PM

3 words, best idea ever.

#3 Yitztak

Yitztak

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 05:36 PM

Thank you. Unless of course, that was in sarcasm, then thank you. I was just hoping someone would post on it.

#4 Gabe Vieira

Gabe Vieira

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3873 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:11 PM

3 words, best idea ever.

View Post

Ditto. Big time ditto. I would love to see a James Bond game like that with a whole "Create a Double-Oh Agent" feature and an opened-ended game. You could be good or bad, like you said. I love it. :tup:

#5 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:38 PM

[mra]I

#6 MarcAngeDraco

MarcAngeDraco

Commander

• Veterans