8 replies to this topic

#1 Rolex

Rolex

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 448 posts

Posted 20 October 2001 - 10:39 PM

Seeing as JB likes to have a flutter, Cards,Roulette,Horse Racing, he even on electonic games . He has never been taken to task for this Gambling habit by M as he/she has never sent him off to Shrublands for therapy. It seems that smoking, drinking and gambling is acceptable to HMSS but nasty food toxines are not.
Has anyone calculated how much JB has won and lost since we met him at the tables in DR No.?

#2 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 21 October 2001 - 10:16 PM

I seem to recall that Bond's salary is a measily

#3 MDSmith

MDSmith

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 October 2001 - 02:19 AM

I didn't think he had any living relatives, yet. . .maybe they should put his Aunt into one of the books, you know the one that raised him. It would seem a bit out of place for the movies.

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 22 October 2001 - 10:14 AM

His Aunt would surely be dead by now.

#5 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 22 October 2001 - 12:50 PM

Bond could leave it all to May, his house maid. That would be nice.

#6 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 23 October 2001 - 12:23 AM

Blue Eyes (22 Oct, 2001 11:14 a.m.):
His Aunt would surely be dead by now.

Bond should be dead by now!!!! And by golly every decade he ages to about fifty the whoops there we go he's 38 again!!! I don't quite know how we're all supposed to feel about this. Q aged very film until he was seventy but Bond remains 40 ish!!! Quite bizarre... but you never see MI6 doing an internal report on that phenomenon do you???!!!

#7 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 20 October 2001 - 10:54 PM

He usually seems to win - in fact in NSNA he claims that he's "never lost", but that's just bravado - but I reckon all his winnings go to Q branch towards replacing all the expensive gadgets he destroys.

#8 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 21 October 2001 - 02:27 AM

White Persian (20 Oct, 2001 11:54 p.m.):
He usually seems to win - in fact in NSNA he claims that he's "never lost", but that's just bravado - but I reckon all his winnings go to Q branch towards replacing all the expensive gadgets he destroys.

Yes, quite funny. There should be a scene somewhere where 007 and Q quip on this matter.

But I think that would be true anyway. While not on assignment, any winnings would be his, but on assignment for Queen and country, as it were, any winnings would in effect belong to the government.

Which is probably why he quite willingly threw his winnings away in Octopussy.

#9 Rolex

Rolex

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 448 posts

Posted 21 October 2001 - 09:17 AM

White Persian (20 Oct, 2001 11:54 p.m.):

I bet that is small change for Jim Boy, where as if he has to pay to replace buildings he has destroyed ,he must be skint. Maybe that why he gambles,he has to pay off his debts.

Another thing what type of insurance pay out does his heir get in event of his death? If it's little how much do you think he has signed up for on a personal insurance plan?