43 replies to this topic

#31 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 30 September 2001 - 06:32 PM

I love TND with the White Knight theme in the background. Great. This is like Daniel, and I bet everyone else thinks, it is the most realistic.

#32 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 30 September 2001 - 09:38 PM

Yeah, TND is one of my favourites too.

I've had all the MP3's of each film's gun barrel hanging around for a rainy day.

Now seems a good time to collect them all together, so I've popped them up on MI6.

Click the "Sounds-I6" link on the CBN sidebar - or follow the headline story from http://www.mi6.co.uk/

Have fun!
=
J

#33 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 30 September 2001 - 10:21 PM

Does anyone remember a TV show that used be on in the UK on a saturday night where contestants set themselves a challenge and had to do it on tv. I always wanted to go on the show, let them play the sound clip from one of the Gun barrel's and then I had to say which it was, and do this for about 10 of them.

Can anyone remember the program

#34 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 30 September 2001 - 10:27 PM

mrmoon (30 Sep, 2001 11:21 p.m.):
Does anyone remember a TV show that used be on in the UK on a saturday night where contestants set themselves a challenge and had to do it on tv.

"You Bet! with Matthew Kelly...

I remember one time when a guy knew every line (*exactly*) from every episode of Thunderbirds... I wonder if anyone could do that for every Bond movie?

#35 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 05 January 2002 - 08:33 PM

I also like the DAF gun barrel.

#36 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 01 October 2001 - 12:36 AM

I liked the first three (DN - GF) for no other reason than that it wasn't even Bond (Connery) doing it.
It was the trivia of it all. :)

#37 Renard

Renard

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 312 posts

Posted 27 January 2002 - 10:58 PM

I would like to see a different new style of gunbarrels for bond 20! because of it's 40th anniversary... but the music MUST BE the same!!!!!!

favourite gunbarrels:

DAF, LALD,TSWLM,LTK,GE,TND,TWINE

#38 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 01 October 2001 - 08:35 PM

I agree that the Brosnan C.G.I. gunbarrel, with its swirling reflections is a knockout, but Bond seems too large within the circle, which makes him appear too close. I prefer Bond to seem further away, as if watched by a sniper. This also makes the accuracy of Bond's whirl and fire more impressive,
My own favourite's OHMSS, the first I ever saw. For this, and DAF, moving reflections in the barrel were added optically, which gave greater depth, but they abandoned the idea in the Moore era, so that fading image started to look very flat.

#39 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 01 October 2001 - 08:40 PM

White Persian (01 Oct, 2001 09:35 p.m.):
but they abandoned the idea in the Moore era, so that fading image started to look very flat.

Yes, they also seem to have abandoned the idea of using a circular white dot! Some of the Moore barrels, when he fades and the white dot is left on its own - always reminds me of a Blue Peter job. Like the titles people forgot to get their parents to help cut out a nice circle or something. I mean, primary school kids can do better with a cack handed pair of blunt scissors.

=
J

#40 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 01 October 2001 - 08:41 PM

Okay, quick...trival question:

Which movie's gunbarrel sequence FIRST showed Bond IN A TUXEDO? (And you're not alowed to check the movies for the answer.)

#41 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 02 October 2001 - 12:27 AM

The one where Bond walks in from the right? :)

#42 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 02 October 2001 - 05:39 AM

zencat (01 Oct, 2001 09:41 p.m.):
Which movie's gunbarrel sequence FIRST showed Bond IN A TUXEDO? (And you're not alowed to check the movies for the answer.)

Good god. I'm agonising over this. I'd have to go with LALD for $50 Zencat, but I'd say I'm probably wrong cause it's a stab in the dark!

#43 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 02 October 2001 - 07:23 PM

Blue Eyes (02 Oct, 2001 06:39 a.m.):

zencat (01 Oct, 2001 09:41 p.m.):

Good god. I'm agonising over this. I'd have to go with LALD for $50 Zencat, but I'd say I'm probably wrong cause it's a stab in the dark!

Yes, you are right...that you are wrong. But close. The answer is.....

THE SPY WHO LOVED ME.

The tux showed up surprisingly late in the series, didn't it?

#44 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 02 October 2001 - 11:14 PM

Extremely late! I knew that OHMSS and DAF all feature the suit 'hatted' Bond. I knew by the time of TSWLM featured the tux but I couldn't recally LALD for the life of me. So I just went with the first Moore film.