The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 28 September 2001 - 08:13 PM

How often do you watch a Bond film?

Each day, week, month, year?

I must watch a Bond film every week. I always find something new in them to talk about. Tonight, it'll be OHMSS.

#2 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 30 September 2001 - 07:03 PM

When choosing a film to watch, it's usually the one which I've forgotten a certain part of it or can't remember what happens after something...

#3 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 29 September 2001 - 10:20 PM

Twine at very other week and then i pick and choose in the week between. Depends on the mood... I want a laugh I watch a Moore... I'm feeling retro I'll watch a Connery movie (sometimes a Harry Palmer film)... if I'm feeling serious I'll watch a Dalton... I want spectacle I'll watch a Brosnan.

They're great... love em... there's a film for every mood! What other series of film is so consistantly watchable?

#4 001

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 September 2001 - 08:35 PM

For two years ago I watched Bondmovies almost daily. Now I watching one Bondmovie a week. I hasnt so much time to look at movies now, the school is an problem. And I have seen every movies at least 20 times so I getting tired to watch them. But I still love Bond and tonight I gonna se the end of Tmwtgg. I usually watch the half movie and the rest another day, I dont know why, but so it is :)

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 29 September 2001 - 03:19 AM

Good Lord. Changes all the time for me. In the past fortnight I've watched three films. DAF, YOLT and FRWL. Connery mode at the moment. Actually, I'm just about to wear out my TWINE :)

#6 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 29 September 2001 - 09:29 AM

At least once a week, but have been known to watch 3 in a day.
I recently had my own Bondfest going where I watched 3 movies/day for 3 days (long weekend, you see). Started with DR and finished up with TMWTGG.
12 years in 3 days.
TWINE is on Star Movies tomorrow night so I'll have to watch GE and TND to Brosnanise my senses beforehand :)

#7 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 29 September 2001 - 10:35 AM

It depends on how much time I have. At least one film a week. But I'm reading the Gardner books (some in English, because they weren't translated to German) and this wastes a lot of time.

I bought 9 James Bond movies on ebay in the original language, English, and now I'm going to watch them. (I've just seen LTK and I must say: "wow!" So many scenes that are cutted in Germany...)

Regards,
Tim

#8 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 29 September 2001 - 10:49 AM

On average probably about 3 a week, depending on how busy I am, I try to watch one every night but I'm usually busy. Sometimes it might go up to 7 or 8 in one week, eg. last week I watched GE TND and TWINE on saturday and then MOONRAKER on saturday night, DR.NO on sunday and I'd watched FYEO and AVTAK earlier in the week. I always have it on but don't always watch a whole movie if you see what I mean, I'll have a film running while I'm doing other stuff aswell if u see what I mean

#9 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 29 September 2001 - 02:12 PM

About one every two weeks. Less often in Winter and more often in Summer, because of the footy. Sometimes I force myself not to watch one because I'm paranoid that if I watch 'em too often I'll eventually get sick of them, I hope that never happens.

#10 M.

M.

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 September 2001 - 02:34 PM

Wow, when I look at these replies I wished that I had the time to see a bond movie at least once a week.
To answer the question : when I initially bought all the Bond movies on video , I watched them all in two weeks. Since then I try to see them all again in a timespan of one year. Let's see, that makes 366 days / 20 movies (NSNA also counted) which is about one bond movie every 18 days. I watch the movies most of the time in random order.

#11 MDSmith

MDSmith

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 29 September 2001 - 02:49 PM

I have at least once a month a Bond-a-Thon. This is an invention of my friend and I after work. It started out with the BMA (Bond Movie Average) we would ask people what their BMA was. Mine would be up there with about a 90-100% BMA. Then we became friends and started having Bond-a-Thons. These BAT would consist of 1-3 Bond movies, GE for N64 and anything relating to spies. We soon found other friends that also wanted to increase their BMA so the BATs grew. But on average I try to watch at leased on Bond movie a week, but at my pinnacle last summer I was up to about two a day. It has tapered off but when I don't get Bond for a while I feel like a slughead. I also study them because I am the BondMovieTriviaKing!

#12 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 29 September 2001 - 10:48 PM

Evil Doctor Cheese (29 Sep, 2001 11:20 p.m.):

They're great... love em... there's a film for every mood!

Exactly, thats how I watch them. If I went in to detail on when I watch each film it would take forever, but for example, I've recently started watching Moonraker on a friday afternoon when I get in from school, and Dr.No on sunday afternoon

#13 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 29 September 2001 - 07:28 PM

mrmoon (29 Sep, 2001 11:49 a.m.):
I always have it on but don't always watch a whole movie if you see what I mean, I'll have a film running while I'm doing other stuff aswell if u see what I mean

I find myself frequently doing that.
But I'll usually watch at least one over the weekends.

#14 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 29 September 2001 - 10:31 PM

I must change my statement :) After FYEO being on TV last night I've watched four Bond films in the past fortnight. Now that would make two a week? Well I've watched three this week and one last week. And after today, the week is over!