8 replies to this topic

#1 Flash1087

Flash1087

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1070 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 04:11 AM

Picked up the Xbox version at EB (my place of employment) today, and since they didn't have the strategy guide I got it at Target.

I absolutely adore this game. Miles ahead of any of EA's other attempts, EoN included, and certainly on par with the legendary Goldeneye. I got through the 'pre-title sequence', the attack on the Parliment building; the crazy-fun hedgemaze sequence, the first Istanbul level, and the Station T level. I love this game so much, I can hardly contain myself.

Did anyone else get it today? And what part are you at?

#2 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 07:28 AM

I bought mine at Electronics Boutique. Not very far in, just got past the Mi6 level. Gotta love controlling Bond in Q Branch. :)

#3 cvheady007

cvheady007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 12:23 AM

Yeah, I haven't had much of a chance to play yet (work always gets in the way! :) ), but I am in Istanbul diffusing the bombs and saving the hostages.

I have played the first level probably 3 times though, just to watch Connery's intro and the "Bond, James Bond" line - WOW!

#4 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 01:02 AM

Sounds good so far. I can only hope its the same for the Gamecube version.

#5 TheBritishEnd

TheBritishEnd

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:07 PM

I was pleasantly surprised by the levels they added specifically for the game. They definitely stayed true to the 60's tone and Ken Adams' design work. At times, it's almost like getting to play a You Only Live Twice game!

#6 Von Hammerstein

Von Hammerstein

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 07:52 PM

Just picked mine up @ Gamestop. Played the first level. It was a blast, Connery IS James Bond. It was great to see his likeness again and hear his voice say: "The name is Bond, James Bond" one more time. Gave me goosebumps when he ordered the vodka martini. Hope the rest of the game holds up. So far it's as much fun as Everything or Nothing.

#7 Flash1087

Flash1087

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1070 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 06:58 AM

I was pleasantly surprised by the levels they added specifically for the game.  They definitely stayed true to the 60's tone and Ken Adams' design work.  At times, it's almost like getting to play a You Only Live Twice game!

View Post

I was playing the multiplayer mode today, and I had that exact same thought in the Missile Silo map...

#8 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 08:34 AM

Have you all checked out the unlockable Media section? There are some interview clips with Connery, as well as Maria Menounos, you can see her posing in that leather outfit too :) :) :)

#9 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:29 PM

Sounds good so far.  I can only hope its the same for the Gamecube version.

View Post

Not too much longer!