47 replies to this topic

#31 blofeld123

blofeld123

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 08:17 PM

I certainly give the designers credit for the older look. Didn't like the rambo, scwarzenneger shoot em up factor as seen in EON. But, for some strange reson it seemed to be worth while in goldeneye 64. Never again will a game be that pulse pounding.

#32 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 11:30 PM

That seems to be pretty much it for the reviews then. Looks like overall: 7.0 out of 10.

#33 Darksideoftheschwartz

Darksideoftheschwartz

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 05:26 PM

the results are in

G4tv's xplay reviews From russia with Love

#34 Darksideoftheschwartz

Darksideoftheschwartz

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 05:37 PM

From Russia with love as reviewed by 2 ames bond fans

G4tv's Judgement day reviews From Russia with Love

#35 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 06:33 PM

Just got FRWL for christmas yesterday.

So far so good. I'am on the level where you have got to protect Kerim Bay, whilst in the sniper alley

#36 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:53 AM

Posted Image
'From Russia With Love': What The Critics Said
Reviews of the most recent James Bond video game

#37 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:50 AM

I guess it should be noted that the GameRankings average is: 69.1% (PS2), 70.2% (Xbox), 73.3% (NGC) - down from 84.6%, 83.7%, and 84.1% respectively for Everything or Nothing.

#38 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:06 AM

The big thing with many of these reviews was the comparison in a variety of ways to EoN.

#39 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 06:11 PM

Well the games were similar. They used different engines, but they were similar in almost every way.

#40 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:23 PM

I need to ask, does any of the levels bug you ? Levels like the train. I mean, earlier I was going to buy this game, but then I noticed they had changed almost everything in the train level, when I checked the video section on the official site. I only want to know, what you thought about the changes, so I know "from the fan's point of view" does it take much from the experience. I like EON, because it had all the familiar/famous face and it had an original story. So,because this game is based on the 2nd bond movie, I've been trying to avoid this game, because too many changes to the original story will scare me away. But I always get tempted to buy it, but I only want to know if it's worth it ?

#41 JB007YH

JB007YH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:36 PM

I started playing it when it came out but quickly lost interest. I started playing it again last month and got back into it and have to say that it was a very enjoyable experience. its not the best game but i would put it behind EON which I believe is the 2nd best game behind goldeneye.
by the way, sega's duel is awesome, it hilarious playing that and the atari game. i got them and was entertained for many hours seeing how far games have come since then and they actually arnet as bad as you would think. i bought a sega genesis off ebay for 15 bucks to be able to play the duel which I got for 7 or 8, and boy was it worth that 23 bucks for the amount of time that i enjoyed it for.

Anyone that is interested in video games, not just bond, should check out The godfather, that is one sweet game. I got it for 20 bucks the day it came out, FYE had a mail in rebate. its like Grand theft auto in the 40's, 50's. I recommend it to any gta or video game fan.

#42 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 11:08 PM

I have The Godfather too, but I lost my interest fast and havent gotten up to beat the game 2nd time. I started playing it the for the 2nd time, but it's been weeks since continued from the point where I left it. It's great, but there should have been more of the story missions.

#43 JB007YH

JB007YH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 02:15 AM

tis true, but i think it was a faithful tie in with the movie. almost all the missions were interwoven with the film. i think the gamemakers for the bond franchise should pick up something from it.

#44 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 08:43 PM

A new From Russia With Love review: http://rr.ps2.ign.co...048/048285.html

#45 007FANATIC

007FANATIC

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:21 PM

Well, I just got my copy yesterday and haven't stopped playing it since. IT'S FREAKIN AWESOME!!!! Connery is indeed the centerpiece that holds the game together but the voices of the other characters are pretty darn close even without the actors themselves doing the voices. As far as presentation, I feel like I'm back in the 60s wathcing FRWL again (not that I was ever there in the first place, but anyway...). It has a real authentic Bond movie feel which starts with the intro (which was very well done). I'd have to say the reviewers are dead wrong on this one. There are so many cool things to do from upgrading weapons to finding new outfits. The best part about the gameplay IMO is that they really capture the physicality and the "brawler" fighting style of Connery's Bond. The close-combat moves are excellent. The first driving level was very good, nothing really new on that front except of course the DB5. The graphics and facial models are wonderful. Connery's face especially is nearly perfect. I give it 10/10. This is a GREAT GAME.
Also, as a sidenote, when you get enough points in single-player mode, buy the little Sean Connery game-making documentary.

I completely agree. It truly is a 10/10!

Edited by 007FANATIC, 05 May 2009 - 04:21 PM.

#46 007FANATIC

007FANATIC

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:45 AM

I now like Quantum of Solace more.

Edited by 007FANATIC, 05 May 2009 - 04:22 PM.

#47 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:24 PM

whatculture june 6 2013

Despite the movie being released all the way back in 1963, it wasn’t until 2005 that From Russia With Love got its video game adaptation, but it was worth the wait.  Despite coming almost forty years later, the game somehow still managed to perfectly capture the original movie’s classy and suave style that made us love it so much. The game, although a fairly simple third-person shooter, still managed to build tension, throw the payer into action-oriented scenarios and have us on the edge of our seat whilst also reminding us why the Sean Connery movies were our favourite.

Although good chunks of the game are nowhere to be found in the original movie, with scenes being added in and original scenes being exaggerated to allow more player interaction, the game never felts like a cheap throwaway or another gimmicky cash-grab. Instead, Form Russia With Love may be the greatest Bond game out there. It’s one of the first that ever made us feel like we were James Bond; being able to utilize his gadgets and drive his Aston Martin, and thanks to some exhilarating car chases and intense shootouts, From Russia With Love never fell short of being as exciting and enjoyable as it should have been.

#48 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:29 AM

whatculture june 6 2013

Despite the movie being released all the way back in 1963, it wasn’t until 2005 that From Russia With Love got its video game adaptation, but it was worth the wait.  Despite coming almost forty years later, the game somehow still managed to perfectly capture the original movie’s classy and suave style that made us love it so much. The game, although a fairly simple third-person shooter, still managed to build tension, throw the payer into action-oriented scenarios and have us on the edge of our seat whilst also reminding us why the Sean Connery movies were our favourite.

Although good chunks of the game are nowhere to be found in the original movie, with scenes being added in and original scenes being exaggerated to allow more player interaction, the game never felts like a cheap throwaway or another gimmicky cash-grab. Instead, Form Russia With Love may be the greatest Bond game out there. It’s one of the first that ever made us feel like we were James Bond; being able to utilize his gadgets and drive his Aston Martin, and thanks to some exhilarating car chases and intense shootouts, From Russia With Love never fell short of being as exciting and enjoyable as it should have been.

Exactly my point with whatculture not knowing a goddamn thing about anything.