2 replies to this topic

#1 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 04 May 2002 - 08:32 PM

I think I might have asked this before, but I cannot find Bond screenplays.

The exceptions are early draughts of Tomorrow Never Dies and The World is not Enough on the Univex site; the early draught of GoldenEye's PTS (the one on the fast French train) on MI6's site; and parts of The Living Daylights's screenplay, and parts of a treatment for Licence to Kill on Timothy Dalton's official site.

007 Forever has some bits of unused scenes along with descriptions of early ideas.

I do know that the British Film Institute Unpublished Scripts are used as source material for Licence to Thrill: A Cultural History of the James Bond Films (James Chapman. 2000). I have looked at BFI's site only to be baffled.

So does anyone else know where to get screenplays, particularly the early draughts? I've seen a site offering Bond screenplays for fifteen or twenty dollars, but there's no indication as to which draguhts they are, and there are no details.

#2 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 05 May 2002 - 02:37 AM

Surf some of the sites with screenplays for sale. I've bought some from various sources over the years and dealt with at least one company that states if you do not indicate, they will send you the latest script revision of any screenplay. If you e-mail some of them, I'm sure they could tell you what they have available.

#3 RITZ

RITZ

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 04 May 2002 - 10:39 PM

Go to "www.movie-page.com" on the "scripts" page and you'll find an early draft of TND script.