This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Why is it that the Bond-films looses their charm after 20 years?!

6 replies to this topic

#1 Honey Rider

Honey Rider

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 26 April 2002 - 04:06 PM

I mean in the beginning, the 60's- Every Bond-film had a certain touch of adventure excotic places and wonders.
If you compare "Dr No" with "GoldenEye" you see the differens. Bond is now an actionhero whos mission is to find a drug-king or an illeagal oil-smuggler. I think that the Bond films of the 80's and the 90's has lost their magic and the right feeling.

#2 Rolex

Rolex

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 448 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 01:04 PM

I actually believe as time passes films start to have charm. Watch GE in 5 years time and compare it to the latest offering and you will no doubt find that is has some charm.

#3 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 12:40 PM

they've changed, but they haven't lost their charm....

#4 Tedley King

Tedley King

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 08:52 PM

I wouldn't say that Bond films have lost their charm. They have definately changed, but then again, so has technology, so it allows the producers etc, to go that little bit further, more so then they could have in the 60's. There hardly any specail effects with computers which could allow them to put in fake backgrouds etc now was there?

#5 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 28 April 2002 - 03:51 AM

Honey Rider (26 Apr, 2002 05:06 p.m.):
I mean in the beginning, the 60's- Every Bond-film had a certain touch of adventure excotic places and wonders.
If you compare "Dr No" with "GoldenEye" you see the differens. Bond is now an actionhero whos mission is to find a drug-king or an illeagal oil-smuggler. I think that the Bond films of the 80's and the 90's has lost their magic and the right feeling.

Bond...lost his charm? Not from where I am standing!

-- Xenobia

#6 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 27 April 2002 - 04:13 AM

I'm sure alot of people here will disagree with you. I can sort of see what you mean wiht th 90's ones, but there still pretty darn good films. I think the problem, if any such exists could easily be resolved by setting most of a film in the one location, which is what the early films do, TB - Bahamas, YOLT - Japan, DN - Jamaica, DAF - Vegas prime examples. htough I'm probably teh only one who thinks like that. Apart from that I think they've doing quite alright, don't think the magics gone just yet. :)

#7 Tedley King

Tedley King

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 08:50 PM

I wouldn't say that Bond films have lost their charm. They have definately cahnged, but then again, so has technology, so it allows the producers etc, to go that little bit further, more so then they could have in the 60's. There hardly any specail effects with computers which could allow them to put in fake backgrouds etc now was there?