#1 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 08:09 AM

http://news.bbc.co.u...ent/4354372.stm

Well, that all seems sensible, doesn't it?

It would be a very foolish person who made any kind of judgment from how he answered tabloid questions at a press conference," said Arnold

#2 Atticus17F

Atticus17F

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 08:16 AM

The man speaks sense. I'm surprised that Arnold was involved in the screen tests, though.

#3 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 08:19 AM

Interesting and unusual to see a composer back an actor. On the other hand, he is part of the EON family now and the "continuity" element. AND he has scored the screentests, so he knows how Craig will do Bond. I

#4 Dmitri Mishkin

Dmitri Mishkin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 08:42 AM

Good, intriguing comments by Arnold. I am even more curious as to how he will morph his style, which hasn't changed very much over his Bond scores, to accommodate Craig's style. I'm still surprised that the screentests were even scored.

I was listening to Eric Serra's GoldenEye today and thought the love theme (played over the first Bacarrat game with Xenia) was exquisite, and pictured it working with Bond and Vesper. Having said that, there has to be a sincerity to the melody, which Arnold has gotten away from in TWINE and DAD,
if we're going to accept this love story.

Certainly Arnold is "part of the family" now.

#5 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 08:57 AM

[quote name='SecretAgentFan' date='19 October 2005 - 08:19'] I

#6 eddyellis

eddyellis

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 09:53 AM

A round of applause for Mr Arnold, please! Finally, someone talking a bit of sense!

I find it intriguing that those who have seen Craig in action as Bond are supporting him whole-heartedly (and even some of those who haven

Edited by eddyellis, 19 October 2005 - 01:41 PM.

#7 DarrenBaker

DarrenBaker

Cadet

• Crew
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 02:46 PM

While I applaud David Arnold's frankness with regard to the media, I still can't help but hate almost every minute of music he's scored for the Bond films. And to think - the only reason he's scoring them is because John Barry was busy when they asked him to do GOLDENEYE... It's sad. They really, really should ask John Barry to come back and clean up what Arnold has done to the scores. I am very certain he would, since he wanted to do them again ten years ago, but was unable to.

#8 Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3572 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:23 PM

Could any of you be more gullable!!! Arnold is shouting 'I'm here' employ me. Employ me elsewhere. I need the work. For the life of me I don't know what has gotten into all who are in the Bond team. Never before have I seen such a circus. If Michael Winner had have been chosen to direct YOU ALL including Arnold would have yelled STOP! That is BEFORE Winner shot a foot of film.

In any case what Arnold is going on about is confusing. I read/seen Craig's responses to the questions and they couldn't have been better. It was James Bond to a Tee. If only Purvis/Wade could write exchanges like that we'd be happier.

#9 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:19 PM

http://news.bbc.co.u...ent/4354372.stm

Well, that all seems sensible, doesn't it?

It would be a very foolish person who made any kind of judgment from how he answered tabloid questions at a press conference," said Arnold

View Post

Go David! :)

And as eddyellis points out, Arnold has SEEN the Craig screentests.

#10 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:54 PM

Could any of you be more gullable!!! Arnold is shouting 'I'm here' employ me. Employ me elsewhere. I need the work. For the life of me I don't know what has gotten into all who are in the Bond team.

View Post

No- the BBC News website contacted him to talk about the pitfalls of film composing in the light of Howard Shore being kicked off King Kong yesterday ( http://news.bbc.co.u...ilm/4353680.stm )as he's one of the more accessible Hollywood film composers for them i.e. he lives in London. While they were talking to him they, rather understandably, asked him about the new James Bond.
Do pay attention :)

#11 trumanlodge89

trumanlodge89

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 05:16 PM

im looking forward to dave's work on CR, as i really like his TND score (and "surrender" over the end credits)...

also, i got excited for CR all over again when i saw the daniel craig forum!!

#12 DarrenBaker

DarrenBaker

Cadet

• Crew
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 05:29 PM

im looking forward to dave's work on CR, as i really like his TND score (and "surrender" over the end credits)...

<Shudder>

WHY?!?!?

That song was good in that it had KD Lang (a unique, but good choice for a Bond song) and that it was closer to Barry's scoring style - but why mince words? Just hire John Barry!! The only good parts of the TND score were the parts that sounded like Barry!

Ach!

#13 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 05:39 PM

:) :) David Arnold.

Fair and sensible.

#14 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 06:13 PM

why mince words? Just hire John Barry!!

View Post

Nice idea, but John Barry doesn't sound like John Barry anymore.