This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

CBn Reviews 'For Your Eyes Only'

62 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate 'For Your Eyes Only'

Rate 'For Your Eyes Only'

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:07 AM

A solid 8 out of 10 for me. Moore's second best Bond after Live And Let Die.

#62 Andy Bond

Andy Bond

Cadet

• Crew
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

Definitely a good entry into the series and more like the earlier Connery films. The down to earth, gritty feel was definitely welcome after how over the top they went with the last film and that is how I prefer my Bond. There were some great action scenes such as the keel hauling scene and the climax up the mountain. The Bond girl having a motive and trying to get revenge was an interesting take too. Kristatos isn't a very memorable villain but overall, this was well done. 8/10

#63 AStupidPoliceman

AStupidPoliceman

Cadet

• Crew
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

Not a horrible flick, just business as usual for Moore. I enjoy Moore in TMWTGG, TSWLM, and AVTAK more. The PTS dispatches of Blofeld (I guess) in a rather unfitting way. After mourning the death of his wife, we see Bond kill Blofeld as easily as if he was pushing an elephant-peddling child out of a boat. Makes all their history seem unimportant and the entire story a joke. The action scenes again feature that '70s TV sort of music that makes them hard to take seriously. Some silly one-liners, a horrible leading lady and Ta-da! A Roger Moore film. OK, there's more to it than that, but FYEO isn't going to get regular rotation in my DVD collection. (Note to self, must get Blu-Ray!)

What I do enjoy is Bond's scenes with Bibi; they're a lot of fun. I also love the scene in the bobsled course-very impressive! Columbo always eating pistachios also amuses me. Overall, I don't care too much either way: not good, not bad, just very average. Moore sort of seems to be on auto-pilot throughout the film. Never seems frightened, annoyed, angry, determined...just sort of cool in a very-pleased-with-myself sort of way.
5/10