This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Who could be the next Bond Villian?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Civilian_Zorin_*

Civilian_Zorin_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2001 - 11:01 AM

Who could be the next bond villian? Any Ideas???? Who would be an Ideal choice? Who would you like to see as a bond villian?

#2 Vargas

Vargas

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 12:55 PM

The problem with casting speculation on our part ie the fans, (That's a point if a Star Trek fan is a 'Trekkie' what's the Bond equivalent - 'Bondie?' No surely not.)
Sorry. Where was I? Oh yes the thing you have to consider is not too high profile actors, those who are 'in' at the moment, or too famous don't you think?
John Travolta has played villains in Woo films and he was pretty good but maybe not right for Bond - and maybe too high profile an actor for the Bond villain part.
If EON did this the series would end up like the Batman TV series and later the movies where the villain is played by very famous actors - Jack Nicholson etc. The result would take the edge off. Too tongue-in-cheek.
What do you think?

So Jeff Goldblum, Laurence Fishburn, Anthony Hopkins, John Malkovich. They've played villains and I've thought they'd be great - initially.

What about Geoffrey Rush, Malcolm McDowell, Terance Stamp, Gene Hackman, Marlon Brando (Le Chiffre?) and Ron Perlman?

Michael Clarke Duncan as a Henchman?

#3 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 04:33 PM

Geoffry Rush?! Great idea. I've never thought of him... he'd be perfect.

#4 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 12 September 2001 - 02:40 PM

Vargas (12 Sep, 2001 01:55 p.m.):
That's a point if a Star Trek fan is a 'Trekkie' what's the Bond equivalent - 'Bondie?' No surely not.

We like to be called 'Trekkers'.
Based along the lines that a 'Biker' rides bikes, but a 'bikey' represents the criminal element among the biking community.
Either way, I wouldn't like to be called a 'Bonder'.

"Live long and prosper"

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 11:34 PM

Rush would be fantastic! However, he appeared opposite Brosnan in the 'Tailor Of Panama'. While it would be a role reversal, it still may seem to close. Who knows though!