could you help me ?

2 replies to this topic

#1 warz

warz

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2002 - 07:54 AM

i'm searching what parts of fleming's book are used on bond's films after "living dayligth" and which is the film,based on fleming's book, furthest away from the book from which it is drawn.
thank you

#2 Lonely Gunman

Lonely Gunman

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 March 2002 - 08:04 AM

warz (22 Mar, 2002 07:54 a.m.):
i'm searching what parts of fleming's book are used on bond's films after "living dayligth" and which is the film,based on fleming's book, furthest away from the book from which it is drawn.
thank you

LTK: "Live & Let Die", "The Hildebrandt Rarity"

Furthest away film: IMO "The Spy Who Loved Me"

#3 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 22 March 2002 - 02:51 PM

007Forever.com has a nice section called 'From A Book To A Film' that covers many of the films.

The Lonely Gunman is not quite right in saying The Spy Who Loved Me was the film, based on a Fleming book, furthest away from the book, because technically the film The Spy Who Loved Me is not based on the novel THE SPY WHO LOVED ME. Fleming, embarassed by the novel's bad reviews and bad fan reaction, never sold the film rights to the novel. He only sold the rights to the novel's title. Though Jaws and Sandor are clearly based on Horror and Sluggsy.

With that in mind, I would say A View to a Kill would be the farthest from its source.

LG is correct about Licence to Kill being based on LIVE AND LET DIE and THE HILDEBRANDT RARITY. After that there are elements of the Gardner and Amis novels that seemed to been have used in some of the later films. Zencat has a nice post about Gardner elements being used in films. And the M kidnapping plot-thread in The World is not Enough seems to be taken from Amis' COLONEL SUN.