4 replies to this topic

#1 Friedrich Baxter

Friedrich Baxter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 426 posts

Posted 06 March 2002 - 07:11 PM

Well, it first started for me back in the early nineties. I think it was 1992 when the AVRO (Dutch public tv-channel) showed all the Bond movies with Sean Connery. The first Bond scene I ever saw, was a coffin with 007 in it. Then.......ooh my god.........the coffin went on fire. As a child of 11 years old I was totally terrified, but glad, that that invincible man was still living. I desperately asked my parents, if I could watch the whole movie. They said yes! Luckily my parents also recorded the preceding Bond movies, which I wasn't allowed to see. From that time I wanted to see more. For a long time I thought that Sean Connery was the only Bond. But, then I discovered that also Roger Moore, George Lazenby and Timothy Dalton played James Bond. I WANTED TO SEE MORE!!!!!!!

Well, that's about it for me. In 1995 then, I went for the first time to a real Bond movie in the cinema. It was the, for me, legendary GoldenEye! After that, my life was partially filled with 007's life ;-)

#2 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 07 March 2002 - 03:30 AM

I became interested in OO7 after I saw DAF and MR. (It was the first time that I had seen DAF but not MR.)

#3 walther

walther

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 375 posts

Posted 07 March 2002 - 04:05 AM

When I was 12, I saw LALD on tv and I was curious about this man they called James Bond. That November, I saw Goldeneye, my first Bond on the big screen and I was hooked.

#4 Friedrich Baxter

Friedrich Baxter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 426 posts

Posted 07 March 2002 - 11:41 PM

The fans of the next generation ;-)

#5 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 07 March 2002 - 04:20 AM

Not a long story, but a good one. Back in 1990, I dont really remember why, but I rented a Bond film, a Connery film(cause I asked my dad for a reccomendation and to him Connery is Bond) I eventually rented all the Connery films, I moved onto Moore. Finally picked up Lazenby, then saw the two Dalton films last.

Then in '95 I saw Goldeneye, then I think my interest turned into a full blown obsession. So here I am, eagerly awaiting the next Bond film.