4 replies to this topic

#1 White Knight

White Knight

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 01:13 AM

I found that Seans acting in Thunderball was the best, I think he was at the peak of Bond, but once YOLT came around he had lost the enjoyment of playing bond. What movie do you think Sean acted best in in the Bond series?

#2 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 22 March 2002 - 02:14 PM

I think Sean's "boredom" in YOLT was because the film doesn't give him much to do in terms of acting and character development, he's really just sort of a "button pusher". I read an interview that he did after TB and he takes about how the next film should be less gadgets and moore character stuff, makes me think he would have prefered to have done OHMSS.

To answer the question, I think Goldfinger is where he's at his 007 best, a bit of experience and confidence, and he looks at his best as well.

And there's something about DAF as well, Fat Connery is a bit like Fat Elvis, a bit past the peak, but still pretty darn good.

#3 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 22 March 2002 - 03:17 AM

I think it's FRWL. He's still not bored with the character and he's not annoyed with all the press attention.

#4 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 02 April 2002 - 01:10 PM

the first four are all around fantastic, by the time You Only Live Twice came around the character had nothing to do and Sean was bored, then he was just annoying in Diamonds Are Forever and I won't mention that other one he did in the eighties...

#5 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 01:21 AM

I think he was good from Dr No to Thunderball. YOLT seemed to make him sweat profusely, and DAF...well, we all know of DAF's problems. :)