Bond And Kids

10 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle

Kyle

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 March 2002 - 02:49 PM

it seems like there's never any kids in the Bond movies, though this is probably good, it seems unrealistic. The only time I can ever even really remember seeing one is in the amusement park sequence from The Living Daylights, and it's pretty obvious why kid's are there anyway. It just seemed like something interesting to point out.

#2 Friedrich Baxter

Friedrich Baxter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 426 posts

Posted 01 March 2002 - 05:33 PM

Sjeeh, the best example is not given! "Bloody Tourist!!". So, in TMWTGG we know that 007 is not very nice to children.

#3 White Knight

White Knight

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 02 March 2002 - 12:06 AM

there was a kid in TMWTGG. The boy trying to sell an elephent.

#4 Sanchez

Sanchez

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 March 2002 - 08:45 PM

The best example is not given! "Bloody Tourist!!". So, in TMWTGG we know that 007 is not very nice to children.[/quote]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Doesn't he say that to a parent, and not the child? I gotta watch more carefully!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bloody tourist" is said by the small boy(who is seen swimming from boat to boat selling carved wooden elephants), after Bond tells the boy he'll give him more( rupies than the boy is asking) if the boy will start up Bond's boat again the boy starts the boat up, Bond pushes the boy into the water, and then the boy says to Bond "Bloody tourists"

#5 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 02 March 2002 - 08:53 AM

That push in the water scares me: think of those awful sharpened blades slicing the water up...
:)

I'm surprised the kid wasn't sucked into the prop. The gung-fu guys were awfully scared of it.

#6 devilchild

devilchild

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 March 2002 - 02:01 AM

i dont know how old bibi dahl from FYEO was but i am sure she was underage

#7 Friedrich Baxter

Friedrich Baxter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 426 posts

Posted 02 March 2002 - 10:03 PM

In The Living Daylights there was, besides the child in Vienna, a KGB-child! She kills people with explosive teady bears ;-)

#8 Alex

Alex

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 March 2002 - 03:52 PM

Children should never be in Bond movies, unless the powers-that-be want to create another Phantom Menace (ugh)

#9 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 01 March 2002 - 08:11 PM

Friedrich Baxter (01 Mar, 2002 05:33 p.m.):
Sjeeh, the best example is not given! "Bloody Tourist!!". So, in TMWTGG we know that 007 is not very nice to children.

Doesn't he say that to a parent, and not the child? I gotta watch more carefully!

Besides, according to the unauthorized bio of 007 by (John?) Pearson, Bond is actually quite kind and loving to the children of his friend Maddox -- they consider him their favorite "uncle" and he always remembers their birthdays and takes care of them at Christmas, gives them piggy back rides, etc.

Still, in the world of spies, unless a master spy had a child, would kids really be a part of that world? And do we want to see a child as a target?

-- Xen

#10 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 01 March 2002 - 04:38 PM

In a similar vein, until Tomorrow Never Dies, all the villains were single.

Perhaps with good reason.

#11 JAWS

JAWS

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 March 2002 - 08:48 AM

Sanchez (01 Mar, 2002 08:45 p.m.):

"Bloody tourist" is said by the small boy(who is seen swimming from boat to boat selling carved wooden elephants), after Bond tells the boy he'll give him more( rupies than the boy is asking) if the boy will start up Bond's boat again the boy starts the boat up, Bond pushes the boy into the water, and then the boy says to Bond "Bloody tourists"

Bohts, not rupies, if I remember correctly. Just being picky. :)