5 replies to this topic

#1 Friedrich Baxter

Friedrich Baxter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 426 posts

Posted 24 February 2002 - 04:49 PM

Last week I watched YOLT and OHMSS again. The voices of Tiger Tanaka and Marc Ange Draco are dubbed, there's no doubt in it. But I remember very well, that both actors had a few lines, without dubbing!! For instance when 007 is being brought to Draco's place in Portugal, with 'help' of the henchmen. Both men are talking about a possible marriage. Particular THIS line is NOT dubbed: "Tracy! Yes Tracy (dubbed), my ONLY child!! (NOT dubbed). That three words 'my ONLY child' sounded very English, without any Italian accent! ;-)

And then Tiger Tanaka. For him it's very simple. When he speaks a few words Japanese, you can detect a NO DUBBED voice. That sounds very funny! ;-)

So, now I ask to other people on this forum, if they detected more of these non-dubbed lines of actors in the Bond movies?

#2 White Knight

White Knight

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 12:32 AM

well, i haven't "found" any dubbed voices. I do know that in Dr.No Honey Ryders voice was dubbed, and so was Goldfingers I think.

#3 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 12:43 AM

All of the women's voices from the first two films, except Moneypenny's, were dubbed by the same uncredited English actress. Or so I've been told. Goldfinger's voice was dubbed as Knight pointed out. So I would not be surprised if those you've mentioned were dubbed but it could also be that those actor had trouble with syncronisation while recording there own voice-overs.

#4 Rolex

Rolex

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 448 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 09:14 AM

In TB , Largos and Dominos voices are dubbed

#5 MDSmith

MDSmith

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 01:34 AM

George Lazenby's voice was dubbed when he was Sir Hilary Bray.

#6 Friedrich Baxter

Friedrich Baxter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 426 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 05:39 PM

Please, read my post again, because I asked somethin particular.