14 replies to this topic

#1 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 26 January 2002 - 01:04 PM

she can be a prominent girl or just a very minor one, but you do hate or find the most unnatractive? who bothers you every time she's on screen?
for me it's a tie between Stacey Sutton and Mary Goodnight, I find neither very attractive and they both are complete morons...

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 26 January 2002 - 07:57 PM

Okay, I know this will be very unpopular but I have to say Wai Lin. Don't get me wrong, I love Michelle Yeoh, but I really thought Wai Lin was a whole lot of nothing. I didn't know who she was, what her mission was...her dialogue was flat, she was never sexy in any of the scenes (never has a Bond/Bond girl clinch at the end seemed so unmotivated), she just seemed like a robot. I liked her big fight scene, but that didn't make her a great Bond girl or even a great character to me. It just conformed that Michelle Yeoh can kick :)...I wish they would have given her a part to play.

#3 JAWS

JAWS

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 January 2002 - 12:06 AM

-Elektra King (boring and annoying. And she always stands around with her mouth hanging open!)
-Christmas Jones (who would be stupid enough to let her work with nuclear bombs, let alone a VCR?)
-Wai Lin (as mentioned above, she had no character)
-Tiffany Case (aack! gag!)

#4 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 26 January 2002 - 04:43 PM

My least favourite?
It would have to be... Tiffany Case.

#5 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 26 January 2002 - 04:36 PM

Mister Asterix (26 Jan, 2002 03:06 p.m.):
Stacey Sutton is the obvious one, though I've never much liked Plenty O'Toole.

Tiffany Case was one of the worst for me... I cringe every time I watch DAF and she introduces herself. Terrible.

Mr*: Lay off Plenty!!! Such.. wonderful... eyes.. :-D

#6 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 26 January 2002 - 03:06 PM

Stacey Sutton is the obvious one, though I've never much liked Plenty O'Toole.

#7 zerozeroseven

zerozeroseven

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 January 2002 - 02:56 PM

Naomi from TSWLM always seemed to be cross-eyed with buck teeth, aside from just looking dumb.

#8 Adam

Adam

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 335 posts

Posted 27 January 2002 - 07:25 PM

Tiffany Case never bothered me...I thought Jill St. John was good.

You're right, Wai Lin did suck--I don't like Bond "meeting his match" w/ a Bond girl...and what was w/ her elusiveness? Irritating

I liked Melina in FYEO--I don't know how anyone could hate her...she did pretty well for a model. Lynn-Holly Johnson was just funny, I don't think she was supposed to be taken seriously.

Christmas Jones was a pain in the :) because they wrote as her being so tough--an embarassment when you compare her to Xenia or Wai Lin. Plus Denise Richards just can't act--that "glimmer" line?? It's horrifying.

Rosie Carver from LALD is sort of annoying, too, but I think that's her character--she was just a naive woman who didn't know what side she was on.

#9 piotr007

piotr007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 January 2002 - 05:12 PM

rafterman (26 Jan, 2002 01:04 p.m.):
for me it's a tie between Stacey Sutton and Mary Goodnight

Like others, I agree about Stacey Sutton, nevertheless Goodnight was very sexy for me, with her cute butt that causes little problem in the film ehh climax.

#10 Parasyte

Parasyte

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 26 January 2002 - 05:30 PM

Goodnight... hehe... sexy... lol.

Ah well, each to there own, but (in no order) Goodnight, Case and (guess who) Sutton were all complete mis-casts. And I didnt think too much of Fatima Blush.

Talking of which, is it me, or does FB overstyle kinda look like its been copied by Xenia's charachter?

#11 Roebuck

Roebuck

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1870 posts

Posted 26 January 2002 - 09:58 PM

I agree with Rafterman up to a point, however in my opinion it's a tie between Carole Bouquet and Lynn-Holly Johnson in FYEO.
Neither bring anything particularly memorable to the party.

Thank goodness for Cassandra Harris (Though, to be fair, of the three she was the only experienced actress).

#12 Parasyte

Parasyte

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 January 2002 - 12:48 AM

Caroline Bliss... OMG, cant believe I forgot her. What a damned attrosity.

Also, Fatima Blush was a mistake, but undoubtedly, without her, we would never have seen Xenia Onatopp, so she can be (kinda) forgiven.

#13 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 January 2002 - 07:41 PM

Tilly Masterson.

I think she was played pretty poorly. Like when her car ran off the road, her reaction looked really fake. And then later when Bond comes across her at Goldfinger's factory, she says her lines poorly. Has anyone else ever thought this about her?

#14 Parasyte

Parasyte

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 January 2002 - 11:44 AM

Wouldnt this be a heck of a lot easier to pick a decent Bond girl, I mean, lets face it... most have been a tad s***e.

#15 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 27 January 2002 - 07:38 AM

Wai Lin is down there in my dislike ratings because of the blandess of her character and the "decadent corrupt western agent" line. In the Connery days, that would have been grounds for a good slap.

And of course Tiffany is just depressing. Jill St. John could have looked okay without that damned white woman afro.

Stacey Sutton is of course down there too, but my least favorite would have to be Rosie Carver from LALD. At least she dies within 15 minutes of her introduction.

And then there's Christmas. If a person like her was made responsible for nukes in real life i'd be building a fallout shelter.