9 replies to this topic

#1 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 05 August 2001 - 07:53 AM

Will he? Not saying that I would but would you like to see the Bond Movies end early? Would you like it to Never stop and make a Hundred more? But will bond die out? And people would just say 'just another of those bond movies'. Do you think they should stop now and keep bond a classic, or make them forever?

#2 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 05 August 2001 - 08:18 AM

If you mean 'die' as in die in the film I hope not, no villain deserves the privelidge of being remotely involved in Bonds death. As for the series ending, I was previosuly of the belief that Bond 20 would be a good conclusion to the series, before it becomes too rediculuos cronilogically, if that time hasn't already passed. Plus since the Fleming stories are all but finished, could they really have any hope of returning to previous heights.

But now I'm starting to thing why should future generations miss out on seeing a new Bond film every two or so years. Having only been a fan since December '97, I hope to see a few new ones at the theatres yet !

#3 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 05 August 2001 - 08:33 AM

I feel the same way,
I say Live and let...live.

#4 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 06 August 2001 - 12:08 AM

(Uk:) Nobody Lives Forever
(NL:) Niemand leeft voor eeuwig

#5 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 06 August 2001 - 02:54 AM

Bond has always responded to any challenge of being possibly out of date, no longer popular or just plain going down hill. After TMWTGG and later on with AVTAK it may have looked like the series was getting tired, but look how they responded, with The Spy who Loved me and The Living Daylights. Bond will always rise to the challenge, and even they take the occasional extended break, like whats just been said, he'll away come back.

I guess those four words at the end credits will always be true... JAMES BOND WILL RETURN.

#6 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 05 August 2001 - 03:29 PM

I think it will be along time before Bond ends because even if it drops at the Box office it may go away for a while but in the future there will always be somebody who will want to bring James Bond back to the big screen with a bit of a new style but the charachter will stay similar like with Goldeneye so it will probably be always updated to go with the times and true James Bond will not tire if they keep on improving the movies with a good Bond, good bond girls and good villains. I think we still may have Bonds best years to come.

#7 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 10 August 2001 - 03:42 AM

Does the bond world have a timeline? Not likley but Dr No was in the 60's and TWINE in 1999 but bond hasnt aged, does this mean he could be born when computers were out? (cause there's no timeline)

#8 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 10 August 2001 - 07:29 AM

I dunno. I guess when they started in the 60s they had no idea that the films would still popular in the next century. The characters rarely mention what year it is in the films, even if they are set in the year that they were made ? Ofcourse Traceys grave has died 1969 on it, the year of OHMSS. You couldn't really say when Bond was born, since the series is now chronologically impossible. I don't know, this is all senseless rambling on my behalf.

#9 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 05 August 2001 - 11:33 PM

My theory is that if one day Bond pale's at the box office EON will just leave the series alone for about 10 years and make a major come back after that. Much like GoldenEye was huge!

#10 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 10 August 2001 - 10:33 AM

A timneline is a damn tricky idea to deal with. The films don't follow any.

Fleming's novels sure do though!