This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

The names of the history of Bond are......poetic!

5 replies to this topic

#1 Friedrich Baxter

Friedrich Baxter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 01:08 AM

I will try to give the most beautiful Bond girl names (including femme fatales):
Miss Moneypenny (And she worth it?)Honey Ryder (And she IS a honey), Rosa Klebb (Do you want to now how that sounds in Dutch?), Pussy Galore (And she IS not a pussy, but a tiger!), Fiona Volpe (Perhaps it means something, a volpe), Helga Brandt (Helga Burning, free Dutch translation), Contessa Teresa Di Vicenzo (Speak it out loud with Italian accent), Tiffany Case (Just in case...), Plenty O'Toole (enough to make some pleasure), Solitaire (No, Mrs. , I prefer Blackjack), Mary Goodnight (Why not Mary Farewell?), Naomi (Just a beautiful girl's name), Holly Goodhead (At the beginning, Holly Stiffhead), Octopussy (All those pussy's, the first one was the best, referring to Miss Galore), MayDay (We are here to resque, because you are using toooooo much steroids), Jenny Flex (Are you??), Lupe Lamora (You can make the most beautiful signature with those initials), Xenia Onatopp (And ME beneath you!), Wai Lin (I know it means something, but what), Elektra King (electrifying indeed!), Christmas Jones (Need I say more?), Jinx (Don't change that name, for God sake, DON'T. I like curses), Gala Brandt (Keep it, please..?!)

So, that were the Bond girls. Now I ask someone to say the names loud and clear of the........villains!

#2 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 15 January 2002 - 05:13 AM

FYEO's Bibi Dahl.

Say that out loud and a little fast. :)

#3 OO7Qbranch

OO7Qbranch

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 01:39 AM

irma bunt she was a hottie

#4 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 07:03 PM

You left out one of my favourites: Domino.

A beautiful name for a girl. I would probably named my daughter that if I hadn't once owned a Dalmation named Domino. You just can't name your child after a dog. (The dog was named when I got him.)

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 12:25 PM

I just did BC! Good Lord, I've never noticed that before. How fantastic and completely subliminal!!

What does Rosa Klebb sound like in Dutch Friedrich, I'm intrigued now!

#6 Adam

Adam

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 335 posts

Posted 16 January 2002 - 08:11 AM

How could you omit two wonderfully talented* bond girls--
Stacey Sutton & Rosie Carver?

*-note sarcasm