Bond20 Vanquish

17 replies to this topic

#1 Decada

Decada

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 August 2001 - 12:06 AM

Does anyone know which diecast company will release the Aston Martin Vanquish model. If so when will they announce the release date? I'm looking to add to my model Bond car collection.

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 30 October 2001 - 10:12 PM

You? exaggerate? Never :)

#3 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 30 October 2001 - 09:57 AM

Blue Eyes (30 Oct, 2001 09:12 a.m.):
.....and we only have about 280 members. So you can see what we dont' have a pile of specıalısts running around. But we're getting there. We're slowly attracting more and more people. For example, you! Most every member who comes along brings some knowledge with them that they're willing to share, and from what I've learnt quite a bit of it is new to other people.

This site would have more quality per head than any other in the history of the Internet.

And I don't ever, ever, ever exaggerate!:)

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 30 October 2001 - 09:12 AM

You're right None, the wait can be a bit of a pain. But we're still a growing site. The forums have only been up since February this year and we only have about 280 members. So you can see what we dont' have a pile of specıalısts running around. But we're getting there. We're slowly attracting more and more people. For example, you! Most every member who comes along brings some knowledge with them that they're willing to share, and from what I've learnt quite a bit of it is new to other people.

TEAM= Together Everyone Achieves More :)

#5 None

None

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 October 2001 - 09:02 AM

Cheers for the kind words Blue eyes!I ve got a whole wrath of useless information rattling around inside my head that i m only too happy to share with anyone who cares to read it.Thats why i love message boards so much.However,hope i do nt have to wait as long as he has for a reply!

#6 Aston Martin

Aston Martin

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2001 - 01:21 PM

Vargas,
please check http://www3.autoartm...com/product.htm, then scroll down to 1/18 AutoArt movie and look at 70021 to see what I'm talking about:
http://www3.autoartm...om/classics.htm shows both versions.
By the way, the car is not supercharged and the script on the bonnet is "Superleggera"!

#7 Vargas

Vargas

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 September 2001 - 08:38 AM

That AutoArt Aston is superb. Well made, solid, heavy and nice paint work - even the little 'supercharger' badges on the bonnet.
But sans gadgets.
Without the Bond graphics on the box - its just a silver DB5.
The Danbury has the hardware. You get what you pay for here.

#8 Aston Martin

Aston Martin

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2001 - 07:49 PM

Check the new released 1/18 scale Aston Martin DB5 with gadgets from AutoArt which is of higher qualty than the Danbury Mint for half the price.
But please don't get confused with the initially available Bond version of the standart car w/o the gadgets in just different packing from AutoArt which was even cheaper but is sold out now from the manufacturer.

#9 Vargas

Vargas

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 01:09 PM

Aston Martin (09 Sep, 2001 02:21 p.m.):
Vargas,
please check http://www3.autoartm...com/product.htm, then scroll down to 1/18 AutoArt movie and look at 70021 to see what I'm talking about:
http://www3.autoartm...om/classics.htm shows both versions.
By the way, the car is not supercharged and the script on the bonnet is "Superleggera"!

You're right! I wasn't clear that they also produced the DB5 with gadgets.
So what's a superleggera?

#10 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 27 August 2001 - 10:25 PM

I presume there will be two. I'm trying to build up contacts etc ... (I'm already on the mailing list for the collectors cards) so I'll hopefully get in touch with Corgi sometime soon :)

#11 Decada

Decada

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 03:11 AM

i actually have the Auto Art DB5 with weapons, it is my most recent purchase.

#12 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 26 August 2001 - 09:47 PM

I imagine it will almost certainly be CORGI.

#13 Decada

Decada

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 August 2001 - 07:18 PM

Corgi will probably make a Vanquish as they did the Z8, but the official model was the TWINE limited edition Z8 made by Kyosho.

#14 Boldman

Boldman

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 August 2001 - 03:51 AM

:)
For a moment there I though you were selling one.

#15 None

None

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 October 2001 - 03:59 PM

Superleggera is actually Italian for superlight.It was a trademark used by the Touring company of Italy,who licenced Aston Martin to use it.It related to the construction of the cars body,a chassis platform upon which the skeleton of the car,so to speak,was formed using lightweight aluminium tubing,and over this the handformed aluminium skin was fitted.It was used by Aston Martin for all models from the DB4 of 1958,right through to the end of DB6 production in 1970.

#16 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 29 October 2001 - 11:47 PM

Wow great info there None! Very impressive.

BTW I love the nickname :)

#17 Aston Martin

Aston Martin

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2001 - 10:37 AM

I'm fairly sure that different companies will produce the car in the various scales.
The DB5 for example was done by Corgy Toys in 1/64, 1/43 und 1/36, by Danbury Mint in 1/24 and by AutoArt in 1/18 amongst others.
It all depends also who is prepared to pay for the license and which manufacturer has already been authorized by Aston Martin to do the tooling for the Vanquish base model in what ever scale.
Let's keep our fingers crossed that something will be released in time for next Christmas!

#18 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 05 September 2001 - 12:11 PM

I hope Danbury Mint make a diecast model of it. They'll most certainlty put the gadgets into the car.