26 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 02:59 AM

Minichamps have announced that they will be producing scaled 1:18 cars from Bond 20 and in celebration of the 40th Annivsary of James Bond.

The three cars that Minichamp will produce are the Aston Martin Vanquish, the Jaguar XKR Roadster and the Ford Thunderbird (2002 model). Delivery will begin in November 2002, however, if pictures of the models are release earlier we'll be sure to let you know!

Posted Image

Of interest you'll note that the flyer above indicates that distribution of the models will occur in the Middle East and Europe only. Perhaps another company will create models for the United States.

#2 level007

level007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 07 February 2002 - 04:49 PM

it s good that cars come in 1:18 because i find the corgi's model a way to little. I mean the corgi's one are more toy than the bigger model.

Personnaly i own two 1:18 model, the DB5 (with tons of gadgets) and the z3. They are so butiful.
The problem is that they are more expansive.
i am gonna save money to buy the minichamps collection. especially the Vanquish and the jag.

#3 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 07 February 2002 - 08:25 PM

I take it you mean the UT models Z3? (ive got one)
There are loads of DB5's out there which one have you got? Ive got the Danbury Mint version, (anyone else have it?), I think Danbury Mint, also have an 18crt Gold plated version aswell.
Ive also got a 1:18 TWINE Z8, which was sent exclusively to BMW dealers (not in shops), which i got through my local BMW dealership, I was told its one of the last in the North of England (if not the last.)

#4 Blofeld 2010

Blofeld 2010

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 February 2002 - 09:35 PM

The Danbury s the best die-cast car ive ever seen or owned.

#5 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 21 February 2002 - 09:09 AM

I wanna see one...it looks spectacular, but for some reason in my head i think of it as 'cheap looking'. It looks fab! And it's a stupid thought, but theres something about the DB5 that just seems classy...does anyone else share this? (doubt it) perhaps i have to see in action.

#6 James Bond

James Bond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 February 2002 - 08:14 PM

ShockTroop22 (07 Feb, 2002 08:25 p.m.):
I take it you mean the UT models Z3? (ive got one)
There are loads of DB5's out there which one have you got? Ive got the Danbury Mint version, (anyone else have it?), I think Danbury Mint, also have an 18crt Gold plated version aswell.
Ive also got a 1:18 TWINE Z8, which was sent exclusively to BMW dealers (not in shops), which i got through my local BMW dealership, I was told its one of the last in the North of England (if not the last.)

I have all the BMW Z8 models except for the 1:12 and they are one of my favourite collectings. I also have the Lotus Turbo from FYEO 1:18 and that one looks beautiful too.
I have the Z3, 750il and the Z8 in very little format in a very little box. Very nice details.

#7 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 09 February 2002 - 08:30 PM

Blofeld 2010 (09 Feb, 2002 05:59 p.m.):
I actually got to see a Vanquish in the flesh yesterday.

Ive seen Bond's Aston Martin Vanquish(s) (the one you'll see in Bond 20). I have to agree they are stunning cars, and the pics do them absolutley no justice. I was gonna ask if i could sit in it, but like it says on JB.COM, they were still converting them to 4-wheel drive, so there were bits missing, plastic-scratch guards, and wires all over them. Its such a shame that they will most likely go BOOM in a few weeks. I might write to Eon and ask if i can have the wreck :)

#8 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 05:06 PM

Do we have any idea how much these models will cost in British pounds?
I think that even if these models are only released here in Europe (im in the UK), then places like SpyGuise will still have them up for sale for people living in the USA, and Oz, etc.

#9 Blofeld 2010

Blofeld 2010

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 05:47 PM

Wow,great news!A Bond girl driving the latest Thunderbird mimics Tilly Masterson driving the then new Ford Mustang back in '64-great product placement on Fords part!And for anyone who s got difficulties finding the models,i m sure that Ebay will be swarming with them upon release.

#10 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 08:49 PM

Can't wait for these. Does anyone know if other scale car companies have already made one of an Aston Martin V12 Vanquish that isn't part of a James Bond collection? ???

#11 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 08:53 PM

Im not sure, but i think before Aston Martin changed their official site to Flash5 based, they used to have a shop with replica DB7's .
I haven't checked but they might still have a shop with the V12 Vanquish, im gonna go and check now. I'll report back later with an answer.

#12 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 08:59 PM

The official site says: The new Aston Martin collection will be arriving soon". Im sure that this will include the V12 Vanquish. However i'd expect it to be priced between

#13 James Bond

James Bond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 09:06 PM

Double-Oh-Zero (03 Feb, 2002 08:49 p.m.):
Can't wait for these. Does anyone know if other scale car companies have already made one of an Aston Martin V12 Vanquish that isn't part of a James Bond collection? ???

I think it ain't that strange that there is going to be a Ford Thunderbird in Bond20, because Aston Martin is part of Ford and they just put two cars from their company in the film.
Great campaign action though.
The only thing I think is strange, is why didn't they showed it on the pressconference???

#14 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 09:08 PM

Thanks ShockTroop. I already have the DB5 from GF and the DB7, and I just need the V12 to complete the trio. :)

#15 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 09:22 PM

Hmmm...I've just noticed that the licence plate on the Aston Martin says J007 BND. Very discreet! :)

#16 Blofeld 2010

Blofeld 2010

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 February 2002 - 05:59 PM

I actually got to see a Vanquish in the flesh yesterday.It s one of the most gorgeous looking cars i ve ever seen!If anyones near Wilmslow in Cheshire,it s in Strattons showroom resplendant in silver!Seemed a bit of a strange place to have an Aston Martin showroom,until i realised that the towns awash with Man Utd nobheads with far more money than sense.Makes me sad to think that such a glorious car as that is only available to ill-mannered,illiterate thugs like that!

#17 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 04 February 2002 - 02:38 AM

Well more news in about models. This time it's Corgi!

They're doing a new range of toys. And also some 40th Anniversary artwork!

http://www.commander...n=Story&SID=797 for details.

#18 White Knight

White Knight

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 20 February 2002 - 08:44 PM

I can't wait for these models. I actually saw a Aston Martin Vanquish a while ago. It is one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen. It was going down the highway, I love that car.

#19 Blofeld 2010

Blofeld 2010

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 February 2002 - 10:10 AM

Hope Corgi still retains about it s design team someone with the genius of Marcel Van Cleemput to equip the Vanquish with whatever goodies it has.I do nt know if anyones aware of it but the original no.261 Aston Martin that they brought out in October 1965 was something of a rush job to capitalize on Goldfingers success,and was actually modified tooling from no.219 Aston Martin DB4 Competition.Equally exciting news is the fact that they re making Goldfingers '37 Phantom III!And if i was them i d also think about Tillys '64-and-a-half Mustang,which could be packaged with the DB5 in a mountainside diorama.

#20 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 04 February 2002 - 10:19 AM

Sounds like you're a bit of a collecting buff there Blofeld 2010? I must admit, I knew none of those facts. Amazing.

So if the original 261 was a bit of a rush job, does that mean it came with no gadgets?

#21 Blofeld 2010

Blofeld 2010

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 February 2002 - 06:07 PM

No,Blue eyes,it arrived with everything working.Just goes to show what a clever bunch of people they were!Also took various design & industry awards and was awarded the first "Boys Toy of the year" for 1965.

#22 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 04 February 2002 - 06:15 PM

I just sent away for an Aston Martin V12 Vanquish brochure, if anyone asks my name is Neville Jenkins, CEO of the Ingen Corporation (my hat is tipped to Frank and Mr. Spielberg). I had to make myself sound more impressive to make sure they sent it.
My collection of "Bond Car Brochures" now contains:
1>BMW Z3
2>BMW Z8
3>Lotus Espirit ( and Elise, which i still says deserves to be "Bonded" )
4>And coming soon the Aston Martin V12 Vanquish

#23 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 04 February 2002 - 10:00 PM

How do you manage that ShockTroop?

#24 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 05 February 2002 - 05:12 PM

The brochures?
I got my Mams friend to take me along to the BMW showroom (in his Porsche Boxster), acted rich and got the BMW brochures. erm.. the Lotus ones i asked for by emailing my nearest dealer (i used to live in Lotus' home town), and the Vanquish brochure im still waiting for a reply from Aston Martin HQ (which actually VERY near Pinewood).

#25 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 04:33 PM

I think Danbury also sell a 1:18 BMW Z8, although im VERY happy with my "BMW": BMW Z8.
Ive decided aslong as each car is below the

#26 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 05 February 2002 - 09:45 PM

How very devious of you! :)

#27 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 05 February 2002 - 10:41 PM

And all the time i had my P99 in my shoulder-holster, and martini in my hand.