6 replies to this topic

#1 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 29 June 2001 - 08:12 PM

Does anyone else get a little annoyed when MGM bring out a new cover jacket for the VHS's (they haven't with the DVD's - yet!). I was collecting a set, and then when TWINE came out, they changed the jacket to a different style, although it was slightly different, it's still different and makes TWINE stand out from the rest of the other films. I'm sure that they'll do the same to the DVD covers after a few films.

For GE and TND, there was two sides to the cover, so that you could have either the collectable jacket (the one that all the other films I was collecting had), or just a normal jacket cover. I wish that they could have done this for TWINE.

I'm going to start buying the films on DVD, but I'm a little worried in case half way through, they change the cover!!!

Can someone see my point, it may seem fussy, but it's bloody awkward!

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 30 June 2001 - 02:31 AM

Well personally I'm not bothered!

But, with the DVD collection you can always change the covers. We may have fan made ones in the fanart gallery soon enough. So stay tuned!

#3 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 29 June 2001 - 08:39 PM

I think we may have the same VHS collection dave, was it the one released just after Goldeneye. And yeah I was annoyed about TWINE. I've got all the DVD'S now so I'm happy. I'd try and get this set dave as I don't think the next set will have as many if any extras atall.

#4 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 29 June 2001 - 08:27 PM

I know exactly what you mean! Drives me crazy. What I do is make a judgment call...if I like the new box art, I rebuy the whole series. It usually works out that I rebuy the whole series every OTHER time they switch the art. Yes, that means I have 3 different sets of Bond movies on VHS. But I think I'm done with VHS for good. If they repackage the DVDs in art that I REALLY like, well, we'll see.

#5 Boldman

Boldman

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 July 2001 - 10:55 PM

Dave, do you mean the covers which when put together form a picture? If so, my friends copy of TWINE had a reversible sleeve. One side was like an ordinary video, the other looked nearly the same as the others.

#6 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 23 July 2001 - 09:12 PM

Nearly - but not exactly! I'm very fussy.

Sorry, and thanks for your help.

#7 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 30 June 2001 - 08:36 AM

mrmoon (29 Jun, 2001 09:39 p.m.):
I think we may have the same VHS collection dave, was it the one released just after Goldeneye. And yeah I was annoyed about TWINE. I've got all the DVD'S now so I'm happy. I'd try and get this set dave as I don't think the next set will have as many if any extras atall.

That would could anybody loads of money to keep buying the collection. I just find it really irritating.

I will buy the collection on DVD, but I bet that they'll change it after two years or even sooner.