5 replies to this topic

#1 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 08:10 PM

I have a hardcover copy of Cold Fall but aren't sure whether it's a 1st edition or the book club copy. It has the cover art of a 1st but has smaller print making the book around 220 pages which I now is the case with some book club edit., like Icebreaker or SPecial Services which I have. But it doesn't say anywhere on the book if it's a book club edit, which the others I have do.

I know this is a vague description but any help would be much appreaciated. :)
This is just something that has been on my mind since I got it. (Yes, it's quite a life that I lead)

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 10:10 PM

zencat (28 Dec, 2001 08:21 p.m.):
...to my knowledge they didn't do bookclub editions of the Gardner books past DEATH IS FOREVER

Just to clarify, I'm talking about U.S. book club editions here. The UK book clubs, as far as I know, went up to SEAFIRE.

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 08:21 PM

The first hardcover COLD FALL is a thin book of 228 pages and does resemble a book club edition. If your book is 228 pages, I'd say you have a regular first. If not, it may very well be a book club edition, but to my knowledge they didn't do bookclub editions of the Gardner books past DEATH IS FOREVER (but I could be wrong about this). Check the page numbers and let me know. I'd really like to know what you have there.

#4 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 08:31 PM

Yep, 228 pages. Thanks for clearing that up, zencat.

#5 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 08:42 PM

If the BC editions stopped past Death Is Forever (unless you're wrong about that) does that mean that there aren't BC editions for the Benson books?

#6 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 10:03 PM

RossMan (28 Dec, 2001 08:42 p.m.):
If the BC editions stopped past Death Is Forever (unless you're wrong about that) does that mean that there aren't BC editions for the Benson books?

As far as I know there are no Benson book club editions. I think book clubs -- if they even still exist -- now just send you the regular book.