Special Features on The Living Daylights

3 replies to this topic

#1 AusBond

AusBond

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 02:51 AM

As I have said before I love all the special features avaliable with the new realease of James Bond videos. As I have said before, I have bought 007 special edition VHS tapes of Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, Live And Let Die, The Man With The Golden Gun, The Spy Who Loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, Octopussy and The World Is Not Enough.

My Brother has 'Diamonds Are Forever', and I have rented Dr.No, FRWL and Moonraker - all of which I love the special features.

But I have not seen the special features of the Dalton movies. Reading the inside cover of the video cases, it says what special features are on each Bond film. On the 'Living Daylights' one, it does not have an 'inside...' documentary like all the other ones.

For anyone who has the VHS/DVD of The Living Daylights, what are the special features of like and what cool stuff have you learnt about the movie as such?

#2 AusBond

AusBond

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 November 2001 - 10:30 PM

Thanks.

"5. Princess Diana smashing a bottle over her husband's head." - I saw that on the special features of "The World Is Not Enough"

#3 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 04:56 PM

With absolutely no relevance to the thread title, regarding Tanya Roberts, I do remember her saying in interview at the time of release for AVTAK, that she was no longer going to be doing fluff after the Bond film. She was going to be taken as a very serious actress and this would be the absolutely last film that she would be seen as a babe type character.

So since then, she went off the face of the map and to my knowledge has only turned up again as a very serious soft pørn type character - twice.

There's progress for you.

#4 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 08:49 AM

There's a deleted scene, the magic carpet ride, and you can see why it was deleted. Stupid idea.

There's a full length a-ha video (a treat for all mankind, no less), during which I realised that I really hate that song.

There's a very good documentary on Ian Fleming which really stands out as one of the best special extras the DVDs have had

The usual trailers et cetera; one trailer just gives away the entire precredits sequence, which is a bit off

And then the behind the scenes documentary, in which we learn the following:

1. Pierce Brosnan was really unlucky
2. Timothy Dalton was a little pressed for time; Sam Neill was wood
3. Timothy Dalton is scared of the press (not surprising)
4. Bring back Jeroen Krabbe now. What a jolly man. If you can bring back Joe Don Baker, why not him?
5. Princess Diana smashing a bottle over her husband's head.
6. Aston Martins can be shot out of a cannon
7. The usual reverence towards Broccoli
8. There's bugger all at Atlas studios
9. Andreas thing looks ill (and wears a very nasty pullover)
10. Timothy Dalton talks about playing James Bond, not being James Bond and that's a big problem, frankly
11. That stunt with the Hercules and the red cross parcels was very dangerous indeed
12. How to flatten a Land Rover
13. Maryam d'Abo still looks pretty good (and has aged better than (say) Tanya Roberts. Have you seen the documentary for A View to a Kill? Ugh)
14. Morocco in winter is still vair pleasant

This aside, it's still a great film.