007 book duplicates

5 replies to this topic

#1 The Girl With The Golden Gun

The Girl With The Golden Gun

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Location:Deep inside my hollowed out volcano...in the South of England!

Posted 14 November 2001 - 08:57 PM

Hi!
If anyone is interested, i have some Bond book duplicates. They are as follows..
US EDITIONS
Live and let die
dr no
goldfinger
the man with the golden gun
UK CORONET P'BACK
ohmss

I am still after some titles, so if anyone out there can help me, i need...
Colnel Sun by Robert Markham (kingsley Amis)
John Gardner - Never Send Flowers and COLD.

If anyone can help me, plz email me at [email protected]. Plz note, if anyone would like to buy or sell, i live in the UK.

ta

#2 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 17 November 2001 - 05:36 PM

The Girl With The Golden Gun (16 Nov, 2001 06:24 p.m.):
scaramanga, where did you get the titles from? If i can avoid it, i'd rather not use sites such as ebay and amazon (lthough i would use amazon at a push). Do you know of any good websites?

Sorry, but I got them from Ebay. Sites such as Amazon and BOL and other good sites usually are all out of print. You could try www.madaboutbooks.com which is the Hodder and Stoughton website. The only other suggestion I have is to scour second-hand bookshops, car boot sales, etc. They are very tricky titles to find, but you never can tell what you'll find. Good luck!

#3 The Girl With The Golden Gun

The Girl With The Golden Gun

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Location:Deep inside my hollowed out volcano...in the South of England!

Posted 16 November 2001 - 06:24 PM

scaramanga, where did you get the titles from? If i can avoid it, i'd rather not use sites such as ebay and amazon (lthough i would use amazon at a push). Do you know of any good websites?

#4 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 16 November 2001 - 01:05 PM

zencat (15 Nov, 2001 06:57 p.m.):

scaramanga (15 Nov, 2001 09:47 a.m.):
I struggled for a long time to get my hands on Never Send Flowers and COLD, so be warned they are getting quite hard to find and don't appear on the likes of Ebay as regularly as the other books.

Are you talking about hardcovers or paperbacks? Either way, you're right, these are two hard-to-find Gardner titles -- the UK hardcover COLD is one of the rarest Bond books and can sell for big money.

I have the paperbacks, but I've seen the hardcover of COLD selling for

#5 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 15 November 2001 - 06:57 PM

scaramanga (15 Nov, 2001 09:47 a.m.):
I struggled for a long time to get my hands on Never Send Flowers and COLD, so be warned they are getting quite hard to find and don't appear on the likes of Ebay as regularly as the other books.

Are you talking about hardcovers or paperbacks? Either way, you're right, these are two hard-to-find Gardner titles -- the UK hardcover COLD is one of the rarest Bond books and can sell for big money.

#6 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 15 November 2001 - 09:47 AM