1 reply to this topic

#1 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 12 April 2001 - 12:25 AM

Luckily for me I have the best Tomorrow Never Dies DVD. No doubt about that. Best design, best presentation, best everything :) But before I glot anymore here are some of the other DVD's. You may want to add to this list. Feel free to comment on them, especially which one you have or something like that!!

R1 - Released: 12 May 1997
Still In Print

Release in 1997 this version was released at a time when DVD had very few features. Basically the best feature this one has is its "8-page booklet featuring trivia, production notes and a revealing look at the making of the movie". However, it did also come with Widescreen and Pan & Scan, Dolby 5.1 English, Dolby 2 French and English, French and Spanish subtitles.

R1 - Released: October 1999
Still In Print
Special Edition

Now this is a confusing DVD. It was released after Fox took over distributing MGM DVD's. In Australia it wont' be released till May the 2nd apparently - though this date has been delayed twice already. Now apparently the extras include:
* Audio commentary by director Roger Spottiswoode
* Audio commentary by stunt director Vic Armstrong and producer Michael G. Wilson
* Innovative storyboard overlay technology which compares initial action scene concepts with the final filmed result
* Featurette: "Secrets of 007", depicting the evolution of the Bond series
* Music video: "Tomorrow Never Dies" by Sheryl Crow
* Stunning digital effects reel
* Isolated music-only track and interview with composer David Arnold
* Collectible "Making-of" booklet
Once released this will be really easy to buy. Why? Because it's mass produced. I'll write another post about a rare one I've managed to get my hands on.

BTW The cover for both of the above DVD is:
Posted Image

Hopefully this list has proved useful to a few of you :) Please comment!!

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 12 April 2001 - 12:33 AM

Now this is the ultimate Tomorrow Never Dies DVD. No doubt about it. If you have this one, you're set for life!!

Here's a scan of the front cover to begin with:

Posted Image

Now before I continue this is the TND DVD that I have. It's region 1 (I had to convert my player to play it) and I had to order it from the US.

Basically this DVD has all the features of the Special Edition DVD but here and there, I'm led to believe, it slightly alters. Here's the extras: