27 replies to this topic

#1 mtonline

mtonline

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:35 PM

personally i think it wouldnt hurt for them to make more goldeneye games, i mean, even if u dont like it, it still gives u somthing to do while u wait for bond movies or bond games. sides, i loved the game, mind u the vs mode wasnt GREAT, although i did like the graphics, it was just too fast pased (imo).

wut ya'll think?

M_T

#2 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:20 PM

But why not just have a James Bond game rather than waiting for one?

#3 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:52 PM

View Post

Agreed.

#4 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:08 AM

View Post

Agreed.

View Post

Agreed as well

#5 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 09:46 AM

Good point.

#6 Monsieur B

Monsieur B

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 07:59 PM

I would have to agree as well, EoN was an excellent game with sort of, cinematic feel to it. With From Russia, With Love coming, I'm really starting to like these Bond games/movies that EA is turning out. AUF wasn't that great and for some reason, NF seemed strikingly similar to MR. But EoN stood on its own with excellent voice acting, Pierce as Bond, you can't get a more authentic video game Bond (well with the exception of Sir Sean who will grace our consoles in November).

Goldeneye 64 was good, but Rogue Agent was ridiculous, it completely goes against everything in the Bond universe as we know it. I don't know about you, but that just doesn't float my boat.

#7 Buck

Buck

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 08:44 AM

Wow you guys are rough. It's not EON (as stated many times before) but EA made an effort to try something new. So it wasn't the best fps but I have played worse and it's not a bad pick up for $20.

Buck

#8 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 01:20 PM

Not the very worst, but I was just expecting more.

#9 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 08:19 PM

I personally rather prefer the bond games/movies, and seeing sreenshots of FRWL is making me think that it might be the game of the year. Rogue Agent was Ok. But i didn;t feel comfortable playing it. Just wasn't the kind of Bond game for me .

#10 Snake

Snake

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:28 PM

It's because it's a spin-off. Example, The Scorpion King felt different compared to The Mummy and Mummy Returns. I want another GoldenEye game which is a whole, entire remake of Rogue Agent. Hoping to be 006. And maybe something proper like NF.

#11 k13oharts

k13oharts

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 434 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 04:49 AM

I want another GoldenEye game which is a whole, entire remake of Rogue Agent. Hoping to be 006. And maybe something proper like NF.

View Post

How's this for a title:
GoldenEye: The Duel

#12 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 05:25 AM

How about GoldenEye: Deathmatch, a purely multiplayer game? I'm still hanging out for a Bond game devoted purely to a multiplayer arena affair. Think of all the possible character, arena, weapon and scenerio options a multiplayer-only Bond game could have.

#13 cvheady007

cvheady007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 05:54 AM

Rogue Agent was made to capitalize off of the title; I would like a game that wasn't out for that. I think there are better ideas, such as the new From Russia With Love, but if they MUST make another game with the moniker Goldeneye, let's at least get a good premise.

#14 k13oharts

k13oharts

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 434 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 07:02 AM

How about GoldenEye: Deathmatch, a purely multiplayer game? I'm still hanging out for a Bond game devoted purely to a multiplayer arena affair. Think of all the possible character, arena, weapon and scenerio options a multiplayer-only Bond game could have.

View Post

Let's take it a step further...

An online multiplayer Bond game.
Take sides.
Create your own characters.
Make your characters learn new skills.
Work in a team.
Solve worldwide mysteries.
Save the world.

Here's an idea for developers: Make the game cross-platform!
A PC user can scrap or team up with a PS2 user.
A PC user can use the same username+password when he/she uses the PS2 but cannot simultaneously log-in on both of course.

Think RPG. Think Ragnarok (not really!). Think Matrix Online.
Hey, it is the rage/rave/race these days.

#15 cvheady007

cvheady007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 07:12 AM

I'm OK with all of this as long as it is faithful to the Bond legend. I want to see a James Bond game that allows all of the prior 007's to take part plus all of the enemies, stages, etc. Games these days tend to give you a taste of what you want but leave too much else on the backburner.

#16 Snake

Snake

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 03:47 PM

I thought of a Bond game similar to Unreal Tournament. No story, just multiplayer and hundreds of modes. Or even like Timesplitters.

#17 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:33 AM

Or, on that same thread, Snake (Snake, whats happening out there. Snake!! Snake!!!!!) sorry, could resist. Anyone who has ever played MGS knows what I mean. Anyway, what if they made one giant game spanning all 20 movies and then added a few more. I know, sounds lame, but hey, it's 0233 here in beautiful Napalm City. Leave me alone.

Todd

#18 joker007mo

joker007mo

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:15 PM

i kinda like to think that the way the storyline was it gave you a good idea of how trevelyn got to be where he was as if trevelyn was the rogue agent goldeneye
and i also think that bond games are just now being seen as big moneymakers and they are just starting to go "oh wait a minute if we make it really good people will buy it" that sorta thing

Edited by joker007mo, 04 December 2005 - 11:17 PM.

#19 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:28 AM

Welcome to CBn, joker007. :tup:

#20 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 09:34 AM

Crikey, it's the joka! Get him, Batman! Oops wrong board. Sorry. Anywho, I enjoyed Rogue Agent. It's good to be bad once in a while, ya know. I agree that it could have been better if you were Trevelyan, but I don't think EA was trying to capitalize on the name. I mean, come on, the main character's eye was GOLD!!! What else are they going to call it? "The Game that is not really about 007, but contains him in the very beginning where he gets killed in a training simulation which causes M to kick the other agent out of MI-6 so he starts to work for Goldfinger who gives him a Goldeneye.. " oop cant use that, they would be trying to capitalize. Just my opinion, I tend to get opinionated at 0432 here in Napalm City.

PS: I guess they could try calling it "A guy who works for Goldfinger's game"

#21 joker007mo

joker007mo

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:11 PM

I wasnt saying it was him but it did seem to be him from the way him and trevelyn's lifes were almost in synch with one another's and all i was sayin was i could see that being very similar
" the man with the golden eye?"

Edited by joker007mo, 07 December 2005 - 06:13 PM.

#22 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 08:08 PM

You're not the only one who has said that, Joka. I happen to agree that it would have been cool if it were Trevelyan.

#23 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 06:11 AM

I still haven't played Rogue Agent yet. Is it worth getting at all?

#24 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 09:15 AM

View Post

No.

#25 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 06:50 PM

View Post

No.

View Post

Dave have pretty much nailed it on the head, but I would recommend trying it. Perhaps a rental from a nearby video/videogame store. It jusat doesn't have the replay factor games like GoldenEye 64 do.

#26 Flash1087

Flash1087

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1070 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 06:32 AM

Let's take it a step further...

An online multiplayer Bond game.
Take sides.
Create your own characters.
Make your characters learn new skills.
Work in a team.
Solve worldwide mysteries.
Save the world.

Here's an idea for developers: Make the game cross-platform!
A PC user can scrap or team up with a PS2 user.
A PC user can use the same username+password when he/she uses the PS2 but cannot simultaneously log-in on both of course.

Think RPG. Think Ragnarok (not really!). Think Matrix Online.
Hey, it is the rage/rave/race these days.

View Post

City Of Heroes/Villians (good guy players and bad guy players existing within the same game environment) meets Final Fantasy 11 (cross-platform interaction) meets, to a degree, Splinter Cell and Unreal Tournament (this should be a little more action-oriented than your usual MMORPG). With MI-6 and, let's say, SPECTRE.

I can dig it!

#27 TheCheat

TheCheat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 494 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 03:04 AM

i think it would be brilliant to have a bond game that is only multiplayer.

i would only want it though if EA has Free Radical develop it, otherwise i would not be interested. It would be awesome for it to have all the different characters, guns, levels, and modes in it.

if it wanted to have some singleplayer mode it could have some challenges that you have to complete to unlock more extras in multiplayer as well as maybe some levels that replicate some of the most famous action scenes from the bond films changing the bond you play as depending on what film it comes from

#28 Golden Gun-E

Golden Gun-E

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:59 PM

i think it would be brilliant to have a bond game that is only multiplayer.

i would only want it though if EA has Free Radical develop it, otherwise i would not be interested. It would be awesome for it to have all the different characters, guns, levels, and modes in it.

if it wanted to have some singleplayer mode it could have some challenges that you have to complete to unlock more extras in multiplayer as well as maybe some levels that replicate some of the most famous action scenes from the bond films changing the bond you play as depending on what film it comes from

View Post

wow...if they ever made a game like that...i would die. that is awesome lol it would be really cool if they had an only multiplayer one but also if it had a single player thing i like the ideas you had, scenes from the movies and unlockables for multiplayer. if they ever make a 007 game like that i would buy it in a heartbeat.

Edited by Golden Gun-E, 25 January 2006 - 08:05 PM.