Photo

Bond chat?

9 replies to this topic

#1 001

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 November 2001 - 11:22 PM

Is there any Bond chat somewhere? I have seen the IRC forum but dont seen any chat room or anything.

#2 001

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 November 2001 - 01:35 PM

I mean an chat, not an disscussion board. Sure, this is the best place to talk about Bond, but I liked to chat in a chat, like mIRC or something.

#3 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 03 November 2001 - 01:44 PM

Great idea 001... Maybe a web-based chat room would be a good idea for those who do not use mIRC or only have web access?

There are stacks of these things around for free use on websites. I had one on MI6 many, many moons ago but the one I used started to pop-up advertise so I dropped it and never replaced it.

#4 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 03 November 2001 - 02:46 PM

@ 001:

Where else do you want to chat? I think you're in my icq list and you're in the German James Bond Fan Chat since a while... :)

Regards,
Tim

#5 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 03 November 2001 - 12:41 AM

CBN is the best place to talk about Bond (and other things) on the net IMHO. Its like a small community and the people are friendly. So please talk away. We're listening.

How are things in Sweden?

#6 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 03 November 2001 - 12:33 AM

You have come to the right place 001.:)

Chat away.

So, what about this weather, huh?

#7 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 03 November 2001 - 01:21 AM

blofelds_cat (03 Nov, 2001 01:01 a.m.):

scaramanga (03 Nov, 2001 12:41 a.m.):
CBN is the best place to talk about Bond (and other things) on the net IMHO. Its like a small community and the people are friendly. So please talk away. We're listening.

Just to give you an idea 001, I logged onto CBN over half an hour ago, went to General Discussion (here) first and haven't being able to get out!

During that time we have discussed everything from smelly basset hounds and ejaculating elephants to the merits of Scaramanga's signature.

Where else are you going to get such a wide range of topics in the one forum?

Sorry, Scar, to put your sig in with ejaculating and smelly animals.:)

You're forgiven, I found it quite amusing actually. :):D:D

#8 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 04 November 2001 - 03:35 AM

I say everyone go on MSN!
If everyone is on it, we would have CBN on msn!
( I find yahoo and ICQ slow and annoying)

#9 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 04 November 2001 - 05:22 AM

I should explain our position on 'chat rooms'

CBn does have it's own IRC server, usable through mIRC etc.. however, we're not in a position to make it public yet.

I personally have a fear that it will take things away from this forum. The greatest thing about a discussion board is I can discuss X with Y and Y alone but Z can come along and read it and learn information as well. Whereas, with a chat room once X and Y discuss it and leave no one can read it again. The information is lost, which I think is very sad.

#10 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 03 November 2001 - 01:01 AM

scaramanga (03 Nov, 2001 12:41 a.m.):

Just to give you an idea 001, I logged onto CBN over half an hour ago, went to General Discussion (here) first and haven't being able to get out!

During that time we have discussed everything from smelly basset hounds and ejaculating elephants to the merits of Scaramanga's signature.

Where else are you going to get such a wide range of topics in the one forum?

Sorry, Scar, to put your sig in with ejaculating and smelly animals.:)