1 reply to this topic

#1 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 28 April 2001 - 08:44 PM

Does anyone else think that it would be good for the Bond series to have a recurring major villain like Blofield who could appear in a few James Bond movies or even another arch nemesis like Jaws.

#2 Civilian_Frank_*

Civilian_Frank_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2001 - 03:15 PM

If I'm not mistaken, EON does have the right to Blofeld and Spectre (after the recent court decision).

Yes, Spectre/blofeld added an aura of mystery and intrigue that made for great Bond Movies (DAF being the only exception). I say bring them back. But get one guy to play Blofeld in all Bond movies. Blofeld changed height and appearance in every movie and it was a travesty.

I have a few more ideas for intriguing villains:

1- Tommy Lee Jones (perhaps bald or with a very short crew cut to alter his looks from his other movies)... 'nuff said!
2- I just recently watched a movie called "My fellow Americans" with James Garner and Jack Lemon. The Villain "Tanner" was played by an actor named Everett McGill. He was in a Bond movie before as a minor villain (Ed Killifer in LTK). He looks older and very menacing now. Ready to play THE Bond villain. Check out MFA and see what I mean.
3- I always wanted Jack Palance as a Bond movie main villain. He might be getting up in age. He still looks fit though.
4- Here's my favorite of all of my ideas: An older woman with a strong personality as a Blofeld type head-villain. Sure, TWINE offered a female villain. But I'm talking about a villain-organization matriarch of mature age who has no interest in going to bed with Bond. Just evil and powerful. Irene Papas would have been perfect about 10 years ago for this role.

What do you all think? If you agree with #4 what actress do you suggest? (Just a fun discussion)