Blofeld's Barber

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 01:33 AM

Anyone going to this?

http://www.nonsportcardexpo.com/

A few Bond stars will be there - Richard Kiel is always nice to chat with!

#2 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:10 AM

Lana Wood is supposed to be there as well. Sept is 4 months away... hopefully they'll have more 007 stars confirm before then. :)

#3 IndyB007

IndyB007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 05:09 PM

I'll go if they stars are actually going to be there this time. It was quite worthless without them last time.

#4 IndyB007

IndyB007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 02:29 PM

from the guest list.. http://www.nonsportc....com/guests.htm

Maud Adams - Octopussy (James Bond

#5 Lucia00

Lucia00

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:26 AM

I can not wait to go. Hopefully there will be even more Bond actors there. This will be so cool! :)

#6 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 05:33 AM

Hhhhhmmm....

#7 IndyB007

IndyB007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 11:16 PM

Just wanted to bump this up and remind people that the event is this weekend and I shall be attending tomorrow. Anyone else from CBN going to make it?

#8 doublenoughtspy

doublenoughtspy

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4122 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 01:31 AM

Hey Indyboy,

I won't be there, but one of the featured guests, monster artist Steve Blickenstaff, is a coworker and friend.

Have fun at the show and let us know how it goes.

#9 doublenoughtspy

doublenoughtspy

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4122 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:03 PM

So Chicago CBners - how was it?

My coworker who went only made about $300 - which I doubt covered his costs.

His table was beside the first guy to play Jason in the Friday the 13th series -and apparently he couldn't get anyone to come to his table either.

#10 Donovan

Donovan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 12:41 PM

I'm not into these things nearly as much as when I was younger. Still, it was 10 minutes away from where I live, and I had a complimentary ticket, so I figured I'll go check it out. I walked in and made the quick rounds. I saw Richard Kiel, Maud Adams, Virginia Hey, and Priscilla Barnes. Said hi to Richard. Didn't spend a dime. Didn't ask Maud if she REALLY was in AVTAK. Didn't ask Virginia Hey if she REALLY was topless in TLD. Left after about 15 minutes.

#11 IndyB007

IndyB007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 02:49 PM

The show was rather lackluster, in my opinion. Richard,Maud and Lana being the highlights of the entire show. Lynn Holly Johnson cancelled the day of the show and Virginia Hey was very anti-007 in all of her comments about her experience on TLD. Richard and Maud were very nice to chat with and Maud mentioned that a fan had sent her a photo of the 2 frames of film from AVTAK in which she appears.

Other than that, there really wasn't anything to purcahse unless you are interested in trading cards or Star Wars toys. There seemed to be a lack of enthusiasm by all at the show, even the shoppers. I don't know, there wasn't anything worth buying and there were a lot "celebrities" who I hadn't even heard of all charging $20 or so for an autograph.

#12 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 04:53 PM

Virginia Hey was very anti-007 in all of her comments about her experience on TLD. 

View Post

Really? How so, Indy?

#13 TheSaint

TheSaint

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 12:25 AM

I've seen Virginia at Chiller a few times but, I haven't had her sign my James Bond Girls book because she charges too much, and she's really not worth it. She'd better ride her popularity from Farscape as long as she can before people forget who she is.

#14 IndyB007

IndyB007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 02:13 PM

View Post

[/quote]

Really? How so, Indy?

View Post

[/quote]

Well, for starters she seemed rather angry that her agent had promoted and advertised her as being in a James Bond film. She hadn't brought any photos of herslef in TLD, only Mad Max 2 & where she is a blue alien, and I think this annoyed her as several people asked her about 007 photos and she did not have any.

When asked about TLD, she seemed bitter about the experience and said that she was only in it very much. Further questioning and stating that at least she was in more than one scene only made her more upset and said that she didn't have any lines in the movie, so it really isn't worth mentioning. She was really trying to sell those blue alien photos, so any questions about 007 really seemed to annoy her a bit.