Relationships

18 replies to this topic

#1 CJ

CJ

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 October 2001 - 05:05 PM

Does any of you out their get quite depressed when you walk round town and very body seems to have a partner and you are on your own either with mates or just you.

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 22 October 2001 - 10:58 PM

James Page (22 Oct, 2001 07:33 p.m.):
*We*? Grow in size? I've had no complaints so far Daniel! :)

Nor have I. But I wasn't talking about an objects usage during the horizontal tango!

I was referring to the size of CommanderBond.Net :)

And Pussy, just stick around a while. You may find that his girlfriend will move on ;)

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 20 October 2001 - 10:30 PM

James Page (20 Oct, 2001 12:21 a.m.):
d) finally let yourself realise she has a long term b/f and nothing should come of it.

Go figure.

Been there James :) Sucks don't it?

But we're all nutty as fruit cakes you see. Who do we compare ourselves to? Bond! As if we ever have a chance :)

#4 DJ

DJ

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 October 2001 - 01:23 AM

I have a pretty bad case too. I really like this girl who moved away to Pakistan about two years ago. She's meant to come back next year some time, and I still keep in touch with her. Now, I dunno if she is okay cos I haven't heard from her since the terrible bombings on September 11. I heard all the little American and British settlements had been evacuated at Islamabad, which is where she is/was, but we havent heard from her. I still really like her, even though its been two years and I dont know where she is.

#5 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 19 October 2001 - 01:38 AM

No complaints here, either.

Stunning Indonesian/Chinese wife, a 3.5 yr old daughter, a 2 week old son.

Five years ago, I was the true staunched bachelor who said: "No, never want to get married".

Go figure.

#6 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 19 October 2001 - 12:47 PM

All very interesting.

Tomorrow is my ninth wedding anniversary, and apparently the wife's too. And on Monday, it's my 28th birthday, happy birthday to me.

Three children; twin sons and daddy's little girl.

To all those who said "marry in haste, repent at leisure" I have one thing to say to them, but it's before the watershed here in the UK and I'll bite my tongue.

#7 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 21 October 2001 - 10:00 PM

Blue Eyes (20 Oct, 2001 11:30 p.m.):
Been there James :) Sucks don't it?

But we're all nutty as fruit cakes you see. Who do we compare ourselves to? Bond! As if we ever have a chance :)

Yeah, that could be happening I guess!

Stepping out with a girl that gets everyone turning their heads sure does the old confidence wonders... Even if nothing can ever come of it. =( We are our own worst enemy sometimes....

#8 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 19 October 2001 - 01:07 PM

I'm sure all this is depressing CJ even more. :)

#9 PussyGalore

PussyGalore

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2001 - 02:33 AM

LOL Am I the only woman here? I was gonna put my sob story in here but I said "Wait a sec, they're all guys, they don't wanna hear about some gorgeous guy I like." lol

#10 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 22 October 2001 - 04:24 AM

PussyGalore (22 Oct, 2001 03:33 a.m.):
LOL Am I the only woman here? I was gonna put my sob story in here but I said "Wait a sec, they're all guys, they don't wanna hear about some gorgeous guy I like." lol

With a username like yours, I want to hear everything! :)

But seriously though, CBN is unisex and we'd hate to be labled a boys club, or anything like that.

So post away.

#11 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 22 October 2001 - 10:03 AM

blofelds_cat (22 Oct, 2001 05:24 a.m.):

PussyGalore (22 Oct, 2001 03:33 a.m.):

But seriously though, CBN is unisex and we'd hate to be labled a boys club, or anything like that.

Well said Blofelds_cat!! My dear Pussy.... I demand to hear your story.

It really upsets me that there are so few girls running around the forums. Perhaps we need to find some female staff members? I think we need to grow in size before that happens tho!

But Pussy, post away!

#12 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 18 October 2001 - 05:14 PM

*sigh*....

Do you know, what is more worse...? When you felt in love with a girl which lives 400 kilomters away from you.... That's my situation at the moment :)(

#13 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 19 October 2001 - 04:26 PM

Buck up, little camper. You're day will come. I suffered for years, never was any good with the woman folks. Wasn't a bad looking guy, but always was the type that women wanted to 'just be friends'. My best friend on the other hand had this mystical power over women that we called 'The Mister Wonderful Suit'. That friend and I kind of went our separate ways, but then my new best friend got 'The Suit'. I then had a roommate with 'The Suit'. This man dated Playboy centrefolds and once had the problem that five of his girlfriends showed up at the same bar. Well through out all this I had as much luck with women as a plank. Then I figured it out. It's all attitude. I'm not talking about becoming a jerk. But once I got a little bit of confidence and took some risks, my luck changed. Soon I wore 'The Mister Wonderful Suit'. And soon after that I met my wife of now 10 years.

#14 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 19 October 2001 - 04:57 PM

blofelds_cat (19 Oct, 2001 02:07 p.m.):
I'm sure all this is depressing CJ even more. :)

Sorry, didn't mean it to.

Seek and ye shall find. All good things to those who wait.

But do enjoy your freedom. You're young, mobile, free of responsibilities. Not that a relationship is a burden, but don't dismiss yourself because you're not in one.

And when it comes, you'll know. It might be a thunderbolt. It might be a lightningpadlock. But don't worry, be happy.

#15 Civilian_James Page_*

Civilian_James Page_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2001 - 11:21 PM

And when it comes, you'll know. It might be a thunderbolt. It might be a lightningpadlock. But don't worry, be happy.

Or a bus.. Knowing my luck!

Get this... Spend 6 weeks mustering up the courage to ask a girl out, finally do it - and everything is hunky dorey. Go out, have a great time... Do this 3 times in three days and then finally dawns that:
a) she is the most drop dead gorgeous girl you have ever met
:) you both get on llike the proverbial house on fire
c) you can throw out what you knew about bodylanguage as even a blind man could tell good things are on their way
d) finally let yourself realise she has a long term b/f and nothing should come of it.

Go figure.

#16 PussyGalore

PussyGalore

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2001 - 06:00 PM

Well, if you insist :) There is this guy I met through school and he's really sweet and nice and very good looking, but he has this girlfriend. *sigh* It sucks...and It's not fair. LOL I sound like my 7 year old brother.

#17 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 18 October 2001 - 08:52 PM

Yeah me too. I had the problem of falling in love with a girl who lives 3000 miles away. You kind of get over it after a month or 2.

However today I went to an Art Conference with school, and there was this girl there. Oh My god she was gorgeous, I can't get her out of my head, plus she only goes to school about 5 miles away. 'sigh' If Only.

#18 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 22 October 2001 - 06:33 PM

Blue Eyes (22 Oct, 2001 11:03 a.m.):I think we need to grow in size before that happens tho!

*We*? Grow in size? I've had no complaints so far Daniel! :)

Well, someone had to lower the tone....

#19 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 23 October 2001 - 12:16 AM

I have a gorgeous girlfriend of two years who is the sweetest thing ever.

All you guys who are worrying about relationships and stuff... don't! Because the right one will come along pretty damn soon. Take our mate James Bond for example... he gets three relationships every two years! Granted one of them usually dies but hey if James can do it then we all can do it!

I feel a group hug coming on!!!! A great big giant unisex hug!!!!