9 replies to this topic

#1 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 26 April 2001 - 08:07 PM

I finished off my DVD collection last month when GE and TND came out, and after spending nearly

#2 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 29 April 2001 - 08:18 PM

Yep, got 'em all too.

Although I was a tad p*ssed off when MGM changed the loyalty scheme rewards and dropped the collectors case.

The other bug-bear is that the TND disc is simply a rip-off of the first region 1 release disc in the US, only with our R2 packaging.

Where was the behind the scenes documentary? Where was the second non-film based documentary that every other disc had? And why did they change the style of all the menus?

Methinks it was a rush job!

Afterall, the original authoing house who worked on TWINE and DN, "Electric Switch" fell behind schedule and MGM had to run with several different authoring houses towards the end of the series.

Shame, but maybe they'll get it right next time... In four years time? =)

J

#3 Civilian_NJ_*

Civilian_NJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2001 - 01:32 AM

That is just plain spastic, re-issueing them all. I have TND and TWINE, and when I got TND i was surprised it was a special edition. A couple of months before that i had seen a version of TND minus the features.

Scar Bores will be good on DVD.

#4 Jack

Jack

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2001 - 04:56 PM

To region 1 collectors, the DVDs will be off the market soon, probably to be reissued around the time of Bond 20's release or it's release on DVD, MGM is promissing to correct the problems with the prints of both Licence to Kill and OHMSS, who knows? maybe we'll get 2 DVD sets for each film.

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 25 May 2001 - 04:01 AM

The entire set that cheap? My God!!!! I'm going to take some money with me next time I go overseas and hopefully stop over in Singapore or somewhere else. Actually I might know a friend I know!!

And yes MGM will soon withdraw them. Then they'll do the Star Wars thing and re-issue them. Probably with more features next time!!

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 30 April 2001 - 03:53 AM

Well I haven't finished mine, I'm slowly replacing all my tapes. I've got about four so far. I'm just buying the ones that I think are best.

And you're right about four years. Some of the latest DVD's have been issued twice already just different features!

#7 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 31 May 2001 - 02:16 AM

It will be re-issued many many times. Wait till about 3 to 6 months after Bond 20. Around then I'm guessing looking at corporate trends.

#8 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 24 May 2001 - 06:51 PM

Heres something to pee everyone off. If like me you are impatient and already have the DVD Collection or you've begun to collect it then you'll be pissed off when I tell you a friend of mine who is a pilot living in Hong Kong picked up the entire Box set on DVD for $30. Having spent almost

#9 The Mastermind

The Mastermind

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 May 2001 - 11:23 AM

So far I've got Licence To Kill, Octopussy and Thunderball. Thunderball being my favorite of them all.

Next up TSWLM, Goldfinger, TLD, and For Your Eyes Only this Sunday!

#10 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 26 April 2001 - 08:38 PM

I finished my Bond collection recently when I bought Never say Never again on DVD but sadly with the exception of The World is not enough all the rest are on video. But I would certainly recomended the DVD as I do not by normal videos anymore since I got a DVD player.