13 replies to this topic

#1 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 15 October 2001 - 04:42 PM

Who thinks that CBN should be among the Top 20 Bond sites on the net on any list?

If you think so, how comes it wasn't listed in this edition (Issue 15) of Web User (UK Internet Magazine).

Here's the list:

1 - www.jamesbond.com
2 - www.tomorrowneverdies.com
3 - www.thegoldengun.co.uk
4 - www.007database.com
5 - www.ajb007.co.uk
6 - www.goldeneye.com/julian
7 - www.ianfleming.org
8 - www.universalexports.net
9 - www.bond20.com
10 - www.hmss.com
11 - bondsounds.members.easyspace.com
12 - members.nbci.com/artofbond
13 - geocities.com/hollywood/Academy/5770/bond.html
14 - jmsbond.tripod.com
15 - piercebrosnan.jamesbond-online.com
16 - pages.prodigy.com/bond/cars.html
17 - www.geocites.com/hollywood/theatre/6885
18 - www.007.com
19 - www.richardkiel.com
20 - www.thejamesbondfanclub.com

The magazine says:

Do you agree with our list of the top 20 James Bond web sites or do you have suggestions for others that deserve a mention? Which is your favourite James Bond site and why do you like it? To give your comments and read other peoples visit: http://www.web-user....zine/pagebypage

So, if you do think CBN should have been mentioned, go to that link and click on the Bond Top 20 link. We need your support!

Please also leave your comments here.

#2 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 15 October 2001 - 07:47 PM

TND.com is a joke!

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 17 October 2001 - 11:43 AM

Thank you for the kind words Simon. We'll try and remain as unque as possible. You're dead right about the people we've attracted. I have been through a lot of Bond forums, and never have I seen such a bunch of intelligent, well-read Bond enthusiasts who are actually civil! There must be some other sites jealous that we stole them all :)

I hope every likes what we're doing.

#4 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 15 October 2001 - 07:43 PM

I know! C-r-a-z-y !!! =)

Seriously though. "tomorrowneverdies.com"??? All four pages of it?

That list is at least 2 years old

#5 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 15 October 2001 - 07:39 PM

How can the two of the most best James Bond sites not be in the Top 20!

#6 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 15 October 2001 - 07:25 PM

Let's not forget your wonderful partner site http://www.mi6.co.uk

:)

#7 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 17 October 2001 - 11:06 AM

Totally agree with the Site Managers. Cast lists, bios, reviews are all filler and padding material that should be left to those writing books for the masses.

Guys, remain unique and do what I feel you're doing very well.

You seem to have attracted a very knowledgeable bunch of contributors - that has to be for a reason. Don't compromise your integrity just for the sake of a top 20 list that has been compiled by who knows who and who cares who.

#8 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 17 October 2001 - 08:25 AM

Blue Eyes (15 Oct, 2001 11:27 p.m.):
A very strange list. Why include tomorrowneverdies.com?? How strange.

I went to try and leave comments and some showed up by John Cox and Dave, but I got back into the page and none of them are there? What's going on?

It takes ages for it to show up on the site. I did mine the day I posted the topic, and it only showed up I think the day after.

Thanks for everyone who has posted comments on CBN & MI6 - we're grateful for your support.

Please keep posting your comments on the site, and hopefully, come next issue, they'll be something about the CBN & MI6 partnership.

#9 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 17 October 2001 - 08:24 AM

Both excellent comments from 001 and White Persian. I thank you both.

We're trying to deal with a lot at CBn. We will be putting up film reviews and biographies. But our main thing is we're going to try and deal with unique material. We're already unique in covering Bond news (something that I personally can't believe that no other sites ever do - hence, I helped Dave shape CBn into what you see now! Did I do a good job?)

You will see reviews, novel reviews. You'll see trivia - something that I'd really love to work on. So few Bond sites cover real trivia. Take a look at the Deleted Scenes thread that I created not so long ago. A lot of people have shown interest in it, why? Because MGM dish out few deleted scenes on their DVDs and fan sites (like ours) dish out even less. Sadly, when you compare something like Bond to Star Wars - Bond comes off a lot worse, he's simply never been given the coverage. I hope that using CBn and our affilates we can get that coverage going!

And while we will include the basics to help cater for the not so hardcore fan you'll note that they never make the main page. All those articles (of less interest) will always be back dated. People don't want a review of Dr No anymore, they've seen the sucker. They know it. Heck it's been around 40 years.

So stick around and join in the ride on CBn. You're going to see a lot of stuff. Some basics but we're aiming for the better stuff, the stuff that few other sites mention. There are too many sites out there already giving the same material as all the other Bond sites. We're aiming for something real!

Elliot Carver eat your heart out :)

#10 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 17 October 2001 - 07:40 AM

Another thought occurs to me. The inclusion of the TND site at no2 (and the absence of TWINE) makes me suspect the list may have been compiled a *long* time ago, and been sitting in the intray at the mag. for yonks... i.e. long before CBN revolutionised the Bond forums (well, came along, at any rate).

#11 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 17 October 2001 - 07:35 AM

I can't agree with 001.
The hardcore Bond fan (and that is who CBN primarily caters for) already knows the Bond basics-the cast and crew of the movies, bios of the various Bonds etc.
Why waste valuable time and space duplicating what is available elsewhere, rather than concentrating on what, IMHO, CBN does better than anybody else - provide a gathering point and a voice for true Bond afficionadoes.
Keep up the good work.

#12 001

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 October 2001 - 06:23 AM

The officical site is the badest site I have seen. But I think CBN isnt in the list because it dosnt have the same information like the other Bondsite has. Thegoldengun.co.uk has much information about the movies and thats the thing who make an Bondsite verry good. Its interesting to read and you knowledge get bigger, even your interest for Bond might get better when you read someting like that. On CBN you can find the best forum and some fan creations and very good news, but not any more thing. I think CBN should get som biography about the actors, some reviews of the movies maybe and some information about the film. Like when its realesed, where they have filmed the movie, the history of the movie and much more. Just a tip!

#13 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 15 October 2001 - 10:27 PM

A very strange list. Why include tomorrowneverdies.com?? How strange.

I went to try and leave comments and some showed up by John Cox and Dave, but I got back into the page and none of them are there? What's going on?

#14 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 15 October 2001 - 07:50 PM

What purpose does tnd.com actually serve now with Bond 20 coming out soon? Surely Bond 20 @ CBN should be in it's place?