Navigating the CBN forums

3 replies to this topic

#1 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 11 October 2001 - 05:25 AM

The volume of posts will invariably increase as we receive more and more details on B20 to react to.
So, I'm curious as to how everyone else navigates these forums.
Do you start at the top of the INDEX page and work your way down?
Do you start off by responding to the e-mail prompt?
Or do just go to TODAY'S POSTS and work your way through that way?
I seem to have developed the habit of starting off at the bottom of the INDEX page (ie: where those pesky forums are located below the bottom edge of my monitor :)), with GENERAL DISCUSSION, and then work my way up to the top.
The BOND 20 and BOND 21 AND BEYOND forums I leave till last, as a sort of dessert. :)
This may change, as my curiosity may become too unbearable to leave those to last. Especially as I now bookmark to the LATEST NEWS page for perusal before going to the forums.
(In 'newbie' eagerness, I used to bookmark directly to the forums INDEX, until one day I contracted foot-in-mouth disease by posting news already reported on the site. Lesson learnt well there.;))

#2 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 11 October 2001 - 08:33 PM

I start on "Today's Posts" and if they're all new I venture back to the index to work out what I've missed... Which tends to be a lot if I keep going away on these weekends...

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 12 October 2001 - 06:59 PM

I go directly to TODAYS POSTS...if I've missed a few days I also peek into Bond 20 and the Benson/Gardner lit sections to see if I've missed anything.

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 12 October 2001 - 02:50 AM

Seeing I'm basically in the forums every day I always go to Todays Posts and repsond to what I can :) When Bond 20 comes out, I may have to devote time just to the Bond 20 board!! :)