7 replies to this topic

#1 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:15 PM

I thought it sounded abit dodgy when EA had said that you will be playing a bad guy, instead of playing Bond. I've some how got use to it. Have you got use to it or do you think it was a bad move for Ea.

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:23 PM

I applaud the effort and the idea behind GERA, but I think EA learned a Bond game without Bond...ain't a Bond game at all. A nifty experiment, but not one to repeat, IMO.

#3 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:02 PM

I will have to say no as well. The game was very promising looking at first, but the final product just didn't seem Bond enough for me. A Bond game is distinctive IMO, and this one just didn't match up to the levels all the way.

#4 bladerayne

bladerayne

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:10 PM

It IS an interesting idea being a villan and all that (I'm a bit villanous myself in real life, so I use the game for anger mangement now)...but I'm not really into FPS anymore, now that they went and did Everything or Nothing and FRWL....
IF they do decide to take a gamble and put out another GERA...why not make it more like the other two sucess stories? (ie 3rd person...with all the gadgets and...an Aston? make him more..stylish, is that the word? etc..)

Maybe give GoldenEye a VOICE? that WOULD be nice...

Besides, there are PLENTY of dead Bond villans to bring back from the dead...maybe (just maybe) have GE and 007 go at it together (it WOULD be crimminal to kill Bond...we'd all go ape[censored]), even though neither would win in the end.

After all...there was tons of cool artwork that never got off the drawingboard...litteraly

#5 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:18 PM

Basing a game around a cool gimmick is a bad idea unless the rest of the game is good. I think EA learned this from GoldenEye: Rogue Agent and From Russia With Love.

#6 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 09:58 AM

I wouldnt mind it. Improving on the aspects they introduced for one thing.

#7 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:25 PM

I think it would have been better if it followed the Trevelyan character, during the 9 year gap of his 'death' and the 'Goldeneye' Operation. Just think of it - The first level is the Chemical Facility, which is based around Trevleyan actually entering an meeting Bond, it would have been awesome :D.

#8 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:47 PM

Absolutely Mharkin.

I think that this concept would have been by far better. The Trevelyan character is essentially what they base this Hunter guy after, but Alec has by far more personality where as Hunter does not utter one line. They could have hired Sean Bean to provide Alec's lines!

We could of found out more information about the character. The forming of Janus and other potential incidents such as the first meeting of Alec and Xenia and their relationship and the true nature of the defection. It would have been a true GoldenEye sequel/prequel. The training could have been his first two kills to become 006 instead of the Fort Knox level even.

Well, back to reality - it didnt happen and I will just have to accept what we got.