Cigars all round! :)

23 replies to this topic

#1 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 06 October 2001 - 06:50 AM

WARNING: PURE SELF-INDULGANCE ON MY PART!

My clever wife, this morning, presented to the world and myself a son.

Name: Hayden Reece McAleer (blofelds_kitten? :) )
DOB: 06/10/2001 at 7:15am (GMT+6)
Weight: 3.9kg
Length: 52cms
Condition: perfectly healthy
Mother: resting well
Father: blithering mess (but proud of course)

Surely good news at a time of tragedy and uncertainty.

HAYDEN: MAY YOU GROW UP INTO A WORLD OF PEACE AND HARMONY.

#2 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 11:13 PM

Good for you, blofelds_cat. :-)
Congratulation!

#3 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 07 October 2001 - 01:32 AM

Thanks to all for their kind words. I'm very appreciative of everything that has been said.
Little Hayden is now 24 hours old (+9 months :) ).

Daniel,
Hayden is my first son, but second child. It doesn't get any easier, believe me. :)
Even though I'm married to an Indonesian the immigration laws dictate that any child born in the country to a foreign father automatically assumes his nationality. This is to absolves all responsibility to the child.
In fact, being married to a foreigner the govt does not accept any responsibility for the wife as well!
I guess it's a way of not increasing too quickly the 200 million mouths it already is responsible for.
I have 1 week to register Hayden with Immigration, but before that I need to apply for and get an Australian passport for him. If after 1 week this is not in place he is classed as an illegal immigrant and will be deported.
That's the way it is here.

Tempo,
It would be great he ends up becoming a future Bond.
I hope that CBN is still around then so I can report about it. ;)

level007,
I'd like to show a pic, so I'll see what I can do.

Once again, thanks to all for the kind words.

This thread is the only one that I have accessed in the last 48 hours, so I think it's time to check out the others.

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 07 October 2001 - 01:50 AM

Well congrats on your second child!! :) Let's hope your daughter takes a brother well and you don't get any jealousy. The Indonesian law sounds harsh. How would they deport a two week old baby? And to where? Well luck getting the passport, I'm sure you will!

#5 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 07 October 2001 - 03:30 AM

Blue Eyes (07 Oct, 2001 02:50 a.m.):
Well congrats on your second child!! :) Let's hope your daughter takes a brother well and you don't get any jealousy. The Indonesian law sounds harsh. How would they deport a two week old baby? And to where?  Well luck getting the passport, I'm sure you will!

The passport is no trouble as the Australian Embassy recognises the situation.
As far as deportation, I'm the father and as such I would be deported as well!
But it's very corrupt here, so 'a brown enveope' would fix the problem.
As for the daughter-brother thing?
My daughter wants a little brother, but I fear that she will be Big Sis in more ways than one.
Suffering an older sister is one thing (:)), but one who is taller and bigger is another. Hayden was born 1kg lighter and 3cms shorter that his sister.
I'm hoping that be will grow taller to compensate the Big Sister complex. ;)
My sister and I are twins, but she was born first so she sometimes ribs me at being older and wiser than I. :)

#6 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 07 October 2001 - 03:36 PM

Congratulations! Wishing Hayden all the joy and luck in the world. Send my love to your new kitten!

#7 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 07 October 2001 - 07:51 PM

Many congratulations.

As daddy to three (twins and my little girl), I know full well how you're feeling. I've also got a fair idea how mum is probably feeling, and all the best to all.

Good luck with the "authorities". Sounds bizarre.

The goodness of love we see in the existence of the flowers. Consider a rose. Everything else is a condition of life but he flowers, like love, if treated well are a bonus and irreplaceable.

#8 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 08 October 2001 - 07:29 AM

Congrats! I hope he grows up to become a good person like his father :) And may he become the future bond ;-)

#9 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 08 October 2001 - 07:47 AM

Thanks guys for your kind words.
Mum and bub have just come home, and my 3.5yr old daughter excitly said: "Oh goody, a new toy!"
One straight from 'out of the mouths of babes' dept. :)

#10 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 08 October 2001 - 09:45 AM

I just saw on the news, Aus citizens may be evacuated out of Indonesia.

#11 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 08 October 2001 - 02:29 PM

Trevelyan (08 Oct, 2001 10:45 a.m.):
I just saw on the news, Aus citizens may be evacuated out of Indonesia.

Yes, it's a result of the US retaliating against the Taliban.
The Aust. Embassy has issued instructions for all Aussies to stay at home, and for all non-essential people to prepare to leave the country.
Indonesians cannot recognise accents, so it will be very easy being mistaken for American, who are their main targets.
But Australians are being targeted as well due to that mosque being burnt down in Queensland.
The authorities will take stern action against any confrontations, but mob mentality is hard to control.
We are on stand-by on a day-by-day basis.

#12 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 10 October 2001 - 03:40 AM

Of course I'll keep you up to date with Bond 20 news :)

Just make sure you keep safe and stick by your signature... live ! :)

#13 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 09 October 2001 - 09:07 AM

Blue Eyes (09 Oct, 2001 08:49 a.m.):
Well good luck to you Brett. If there's anything I can do for you from this end just let me know!!

Just keep me updated on Bond 20. :)

How is the tension in Indonesia? For some reason there is little media coverage on everything. It's as if the media doesn't want to touch it.

That's interesting because earlier this morning my Mum, then Dad, then my bro-in-law all rang me in a space of about 10 minutes about the situation. I assumed there must have been coverage on TV.
Usually, the aussie media beats up any trouble going down here, not the other way around.
As it stands there is no visible disturbance around me. Jakarta's population is 12 million, indicating the size of the city, so you can quite easily not come across anything while actually s*** is going down big time elsewhere.
We all need to be very careful when venturing out and about at times like this. You could be on a deserted street corner, then 5 minutes later there is a raging riot around you.
It's can be that swift and volatile!

#14 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 09 October 2001 - 07:49 AM

Well good luck to you Brett. If there's anything I can do for you from this end just let me know!!

How is the tension in Indonesia? For some reason there is little media coverage on everything. It's as if the media doesn't want to touch it.

#15 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 09 October 2001 - 07:36 AM

Blue Eyes (09 Oct, 2001 04:53 a.m.):
Does Hayden need a passport should you wish to return to Australia (only as an example) tomorrow?

Daniel, that's a bloody interesting question, of which I have been trying to get an answer on - with the Embassy being closed and all, it's difficult.
I assume that as I will be able to produce an official birth certificate, together with a marriage certificate, I should be able to prove that Hayden is my legitimate son, and my wife is, well, my wife.
Based on that I (we) should be able to get a dispensation due to the nature of the emergency, especially if the embassy issues a message that all Australians should leave Indonesia ASAP.
To give you an idea of what The Aussie Embassy is telling us on-line, check out:

http://www.austembjak.or.id/news.htm

and
http://www.austembja...d/indonesia.htm

#16 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 07:26 AM

Congratulations Brett from everyone at CommanderBond.Net!

May Hayden grow up in peace and harmony, and as a Bond fan (though no doubt you'll see to that! :)) Is Hayden your first child?

Tell me, being born in Indonesia, will that make him an Indonesian citizen or are you going to seek out an Australian birth certificate somehow? I'm not sure what occurs in these circumstances.

#17 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 09 October 2001 - 03:53 AM

Well I hope that you manage to get things sorted out for Hayden. I wish you all the luck in the world, especially in what must be trying times. Does Hayden need a passport should you wish to return to Australia (only as an example) tomorrow?

#18 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 09 October 2001 - 01:25 AM

I've heard that overnight some American residences were 'set upon' by a 'disgruntled' mob.
I have not heard anything official yet as it is only 8AM.
I've also been told that it is very difficult to get a flight out of Indonesia as they are all booked out by fleeing expatriates.

It is terribly unfortunate that this thread started on a joyous note but has quickly turned ugly.
As a result of the 'troubles' the Australian Embassy has been closed so it will be very difficult for me to get a passport for my son, and thus organise all the necessary immigration documents to make him legal in country.

I will start a new thread for those who are still interested in what's happening here.

#19 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 08 October 2001 - 10:18 PM

Good God these are rough times. Riots in Pakistan, threats against Australians in Indonesia. Terrible times. Hopefully some longer lasting peace will come out of all of this.

#20 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 08:49 AM

Wow, Thats so cool, Congrats man.

Makes one feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)

#21 Trempo

Trempo

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 11:40 AM

Congrats from Germany.

Maybe he become the future Bond.

#22 level007

level007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 12:22 PM

Congratulation Blofeld_cat !!

it s great for you to said that to us. After some tragedy, the world is living again and what is best to celibrate that ? a baby of course ! So take care of him !
i am sure you are going to be a very good fater for him.

will you send us a small picture of this nice little boy ?

#23 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 05:19 PM

Great news! Congrats Blofelds_cat. :)

#24 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew