3 replies to this topic

#1 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 28 September 2001 - 06:38 PM

I say rebuild the World Trade Center towers AS monuments. Not office buildings, but solid stone, or granite, or bronze (or whatever) FULL SCALE reproductions of the original buildings. SOLID inside and out. The only interior would be a fleet of elevators tourists could ride to the top to look out over the city.

I really think this is a great idea. Imagine how awesome these would look? Certainly it would become the most famous monument in the world. The Eiffel Tower would SUCK compared to these [censored]ers. This would restore the skyline of NYC without the sticky problem of leasing the office space. And terrorists could run airplanes into them all day long if they like. I'm lovin' this idea.

#2 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 28 September 2001 - 07:53 PM

That'd be a lot of stone! I like the idea though.

#3 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 28 September 2001 - 07:55 PM

Also, I read that they were going to rebuild the whole of the WTC with four new buildings. Each building will be half the size in height of one of the original towers.

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 29 September 2001 - 01:49 AM

An excellent idea Zencat. However, I'd say it would be view as impractical sadly due to the economic value of the region. But I do agree, they should be rebuilt!