5 replies to this topic

#1 JReber007

JReber007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 September 2001 - 09:16 PM

At a time where the world is gearing for a war with bin Laden and his terrorist organizations all across the world. As of today the entire world is with the United States in such a war, with Pakistan as the sole country recognizing the Taliban. Yes, it's remarkable how the attacks have affected us all, but none as much as the news I laid hands on today.

MI6 is tracking bin Laden.

Yes, that's right, MI6, as in the agency that 007 works for. According to PM Tony Blair, a specıalıst group of MI6 agents, a four man team having been placed in Afghanistan in late 1999, has been following bin Laden's ever-changing location since the attacks. At the present time he cannot say where he is exactly.

They are nicknamed the "Golden Crescent Club" and work for the "Global Issues Controllerate". They are an elite unit of agents who usually investigate major drugs producers in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Turkey. But now they have been ordered to keep tabs on bin Laden at all times. I quote:

"But immediately after the September 11 atrocity in New York they were contacted and given new orders. They are the closest thing the intelligence services have to James Bond. They are even licensed to kill

#2 JReber007

JReber007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 September 2001 - 11:38 PM

Dear me, I completely overlooked that. :) Sorry mates. But hey, it's still an interesting story none the less.

#3 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 26 September 2001 - 01:22 AM

I'm a bit worried here.
Why would Blair, or any head of state, tell anyone about what their security forces have being/are doing?
Defeats the use of the word 'secret'.

#4 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 25 September 2001 - 09:47 PM

This really, really irritates me...

There is no "MI6" anymore... The organisation is now called "SIS". It's been the case for some years now.

Nobody seems to have told anyone in the media about this.

#5 JReber007

JReber007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 September 2001 - 01:09 AM

Blue Eyes (26 Sep, 2001 01:41 a.m.):
I love it. They know basically where he is and it's known that the SAS are in the area and are tracking him too.

I wouldn't want to be bin Laden right now.

Queer name that. I think he should have his bin emptied if it's so laden with rubbish :)

Oh you're soooooo funny. You're so funny you made that Johnny Carson joke with Yasser Arafat look lame. :) Just kidding. But hey, maybe a fan fiction story can come out of this. 007 leads task force against Al-Queda. ... That's MY story idea, I thought of it first. ;)

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 26 September 2001 - 12:41 AM

I love it. They know basically where he is and it's known that the SAS are in the area and are tracking him too.

I wouldn't want to be bin Laden right now.

Queer name that. I think he should have his bin emptied if it's so laden with rubbish :)