43 replies to this topic

#1 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 05:46 PM

I feel so sorry for any innocent person involved with the attack on America and their families.

I still can't believe that someone would want to kill so many innocent people.

#2 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 12 September 2001 - 12:06 AM

I found out about this enormous tragedy after logging off this site at around 9PM last night.
The use of terrorism is an abomination, but targeting civilian sites is an extremely cowardly act.
My sincerest sympathies go out to everyone that has personally suffered at the hands of these animals.

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 12:04 AM

I've heard the same recently. It could have something to do with the assassination yesterday in Afghanistan.

#4 Boldman

Boldman

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 12:02 AM

I don't think the explosion in Afghanistan has anything to do with it. I heard it was an old ammo dump being destroyed. The US have denied it.

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 10:19 PM

I woke up at 6am to be 'greeted' by this news. It's nothing more than a cowardly attack at the western world. The attacks were honed in on major icons.

News just in that the capital of Afghanistan has been 'bombed' by aircraft. Footage is rough and reports are speculative, so no idea by who.

#6 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 10:06 PM

I had the displeasure of watching the whole thing live on monitors at work (in the UK) as the news broke at 2pm before the UK terrestrial channels had picked it up.

US CNN showed the Palestine sick celebrations before the news had sunk in. As soon as I saw that, I thought OH [censored], this is gonna turn huge.

Time will tell, and I don't think we will have to wait too long.

As I have typed this, explosions have been reported in Afghanistan.

Please sleep tight.

#7 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 06 November 2001 - 04:57 AM

ENJ (06 Nov, 2001 04:08 a.m.):
I know why it's not working.... DO you think it's Pumpernickle messing with our head again??

Weren't we supposed to be getting info on the next puzzle soon??

??? ???

#8 R

R

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 08:56 PM

I , too, was horrified beyond belief watching the shocking pictures from New York. It was like being in some sort of bizarre dream, or watching a movie it seemed so unreal.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of everyone who died, and with those trying to deal with the aftermath.

#9 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 08:04 PM

I was sat in Art at school with about 4 friends, we were listening to the radio as it happened. They cut a song short and the DJ said he was in shock at was he was seeing, he announced that the first tower had been hit, and then the second, we couldn't believe what we were hearing, it was kind of scary. We hadn't thought that the obvious consequence would be that they both collapsed, so when it announced the first tower had gone we just thought, oh my god this is going to cause WW3 seriously! There's nothing much more I can say, I'm actually really depressed about the whole thing, I'm supposed to be doing homework but I just can't concentrate it's still not sunk in.

#10 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 07:16 PM

I commiserate with all victims of these terror attacks. I couldn't believe it as I saw the pictures.

Can mankind be so cruel? Apparently.

Sorry, but I can't say anything more. I'm too shocked.

#11 walther

walther

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 06:53 PM

I live in Peoria , IL and it has even effected my town, which houses the world headquaters for CAT. I watched tv this morning and saw the plane hit the second tower and I couldn't believe what I saw, it was like a movie. My heart goes out to the firefighters who were killed when the two towers collasped and to the people who were still in the towers when this tragedy happened.

#12 ENJ

ENJ

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 04:08 AM

I know why it's not working.... DO you think it's Pumpernickle messing with our head again??

Weren't we supposed to be getting info on the next puzzle soon??

#13 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 05 November 2001 - 04:27 AM

Just tested it all, it works as normal today ???

#14 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 15 September 2001 - 01:39 AM

Yes very nice work Dave, thank you.

I've heard about the three black boxes. Sadly, it seems one of them (I think the one from the Pentagon, but I could be wrong) is somehow blank and has been sent to another lab to see if there is anything at all on it!

#15 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 14 September 2001 - 07:49 PM

Thank you, Dave. Nice work.

#16 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 14 September 2001 - 07:20 PM

The Salvation Army

The Red Cross

United Way Of New York

Fireman's Fund

FEMA: Federal Emergency Management Association Donation Suggestions

New York Blood Center

The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee

New York Times 9/11 Neediest Fund

#17 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 14 September 2001 - 07:05 PM

I just seen on sky news a list of the hijackers names.

#18 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 14 September 2001 - 05:22 PM

It has also been annouced that british deaths will be over 500. Also I seen that they have found 3 black boxes which may lead to finding out who was behind it.

#19 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 14 September 2001 - 11:18 AM

I'd really apprecaite it if everyone could observe a minutes silence sometime during their day in the coming day. It's an absolute tragedy and there are a lot of people out there in need of our prayers.

Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.

- Matthew 5:4

I just hope that somehow at the end of this, no matter how far away the end is, we can put an end to these terrorist actions which destory so many lives. :'(

#20 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 13 September 2001 - 04:28 AM

That news has filtered in here yet Rossman, I'm tuned into CNN but still nothing. It's extremely sad to thing that 20,000 lives could be cut so short in the name of 'religion'. I don't know all of the worlds religions but speaking to my friends who are religious, and this has included Jewish Muslim Catholic, none of their God's call for the murder of anyone. So I don't see how they can justify this as a Holy War. Of course the Holy War part guesses that it may have something to do with Osmam bin Ladin. But I'm told Secretary Cole today warned Pakistan to help them, Pakistan has strong ties with Afghanistan and is one of three countries that recognises the Taliban as 'legal' rulers.

#21 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 04 November 2001 - 04:33 PM

Just checked the site and it works completly normal... I use IE 5.5 and tested it also with NC 4.7, but it worked...

#22 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 13 September 2001 - 02:06 AM

It's just been announced that the death count will exceed 20,000 and that's just for the people in New York, not those who were at the Pentagon or passengers on those hijacked planes. Can you imagine so many people being killed because somebody got angry with the United States?

#23 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 13 September 2001 - 12:50 AM

Something I find extremetly irritating is that the reactions of Middle east leaders and militants is usually them claiming having nothing to do with the attacks but "they support the attacks in everyway". It was quit disturbing seeing the images of Palastinians parading through the streets and celebrating because over a thousand Americans were killed in a few hours.

I could care less about how TV programming has been altered as a result and am surprised that people would complain about that. Personally, I think this situation a just a little bit more important than catching a repeat of "The Simpsons".

I am frequently watching updates of what is taking place and hoping that they'll get closer to finding out who is responsible for this. The Bush administration seems to be concerned that another attack may take place.

#24 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 04 November 2001 - 10:07 AM

Now for some reason, the "ShowBiz Ireland" link in my message does not want to work. It worked before.???

#25 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 09:50 PM

I second the motion!

#26 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 09:35 PM

Dave/Daniel,

I think it would be a respectful action to remove the posts of the likes of "La Chef" (a troll who seems to be able to post without a profile) as they are in extremly bad taste considering the shattering events we have been witnessing.

#27 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 08:47 PM

Thank you so far to all those who have left their support. Those who are complaining about TV, I'm sorry but that's extremely selfish. The possibility of tens of thousands of life lost and you're concerned about normal TV viewing.

#28 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 08:24 PM

I think when they find out who did it Britain and America should take them out good style. And if it's a goverment thats done it they should go to war with them. And I hope the Brits get involved because we are allies with America and also hundreds of british people was killed in the attacks.

#29 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 04:39 PM

It's just awful. I can't believe what's happened. It's just such a shock. Word's can't explain how much my heart goes out to the families of those who died on the hijacked planes, the twin towers and the pentagon. These hijackers are pure evil and I hope Bush does "Get those F*****S".

I'm so glad they didn't cancel "Changing Rooms" though... then that would've been a real world catastrophe (!)

#30 walther

walther

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 375 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 03:15 PM

They declared NY and DC states of emergency and President Bush came on last night giving reasuring words that could clearly be translated as "We'll get these [censored]ers.". The news also showed how America can overcome terrorism when they showed the politcians of Capitol Hill, Democrats and Republicans both, singing "God Bless America" on the steps of the building. Video of the second plane hitting was also shown, and you could hear people in the background of the video go, "OH S***!". This is evil, plain and simple.