9 replies to this topic

#1 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 03 September 2001 - 08:25 AM

Can someone please explain to me how in the end of the film, the present day earth is ruled by Apes?

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 04 September 2001 - 03:12 PM

I think you're right. I don't remember. I'm such a big fan of the original film and series that I've kinda dismissed the remake. I didn't think it was so hot.

But speaking of hot. In an hour I'm going to see a screening of FROM HELL (Johnny Depp Jack the Ripper movie). Trailer looks amazing...this is one I'm really looking forward to.

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 04 September 2001 - 04:43 AM

Very nice Zencat.

But didn't we see that he did go back in time? I'm pretty sure we get a glimpse of the calendar thing in his shuttle shuffling backwards.

#4 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 04 September 2001 - 02:50 AM

Got this from Dark Horizons:

<>

So remember kids, the next time you do sometime completely lame and someone asks you to explain it, just say; "It's whatever you want it to be."

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 03 September 2001 - 10:36 PM

I do have a theory :) Yes bloody typical of me. ;)

Anyhow. Notice at the end Thade is in the chair instead of Lincoln and we scroll up. Did you read behind him? It's in memorium of him getting rid of the human scum :)

So at some stage some further time travelling has happened. Remember we never actually saw Thade die on the planet just part Saturn (which ever one they actually in habited in that time frame).

Is it him? Or when they went into the vortex did they perhaps go two ways?? Personally I think some time travelling happened and Socretes has ruled the apes into a war in about the 1800's and kicked :) and society evolved from there. But of course they changed some of Washington to pee the slaves off :)

#6 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 05 September 2001 - 04:51 PM

Blue Eyes (05 Sep, 2001 07:11 a.m.):
I'm looking forward to it, but I've only heard of it. I haven't seen a poster or a trailer or anything. But anything Jack The Ripper related an I'm there. Fascinating story!!

Yes, I'm a big Ripper fan myself.

You can view the trailer at http://www.apple.com/trailers/ or at the website.

Saw the movie and it's GREAT!

#7 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 05 September 2001 - 06:11 AM

zencat (04 Sep, 2001 04:12 p.m.):
But speaking of hot. In an hour I'm going to see a screening of FROM HELL (Johnny Depp Jack the Ripper movie). Trailer looks amazing...this is one I'm really looking forward to.

I'm looking forward to it, but I've only heard of it. I haven't seen a poster or a trailer or anything. But anything Jack The Ripper related an I'm there. Fascinating story!!

#8 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 03 September 2001 - 10:18 AM

Thank god I'm not the only one!

I didn't know that!

Does anyone else have any idea?

#9 ENJ

ENJ

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 September 2001 - 08:47 AM

I have no idea!!! I wanted to know that as well.

Didja know that Thade's father, the one who died in the bed, was played by Charlton Heston??

#10 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 04 September 2001 - 03:51 PM

Blue Eyes (04 Sep, 2001 05:43 a.m.):
Very nice Zencat.

But didn't we see that he did go back in time? I'm pretty sure we get a glimpse of the calendar thing in his shuttle shuffling backwards.

We do see the calander going back in time when he first reaches the planet. Then when he leaves, we see the calander going foward, towards 2029. Whether it goes beyond that or before it, we don't know. But it passes our present year (I mean 2001). SO how comes the planet he believes to be his earth looks like present day earth when he (we think) went beyond present day? ARGH!