1 reply to this topic

#1 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 30 August 2001 - 06:10 PM

I was originally opposed to Brosnan as Bond, since I remember how he hammed it up in "Remington Steele."
However, I have a new respect for him in that role as I keep hearing about his insistance to keep Bond credible. Plus he is maturing out of his pretty-boy looks into a more rugged look more suitable to the worldly Secret Agent. Having said that, reality dictates that soon we will be watching a new actor playing Bond. I just saw "Swordfish" and my choice of Hugh Jackman was confirmed. He is a good enough actor and has the stature very reminicent of a Young Connery. Those of you who saw the movie, didn't the Loin-cloth golf scene (especially) remind you of Connery in the early Bond movies?

Another intriguing choice (I mentioned this in a separate post) is this Richard Lintern guy who nobody seems to know anything about! He looks so much like Connery and he is apparently British. Does anyone reading this know anything about him?

#2 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 30 August 2001 - 09:00 PM

Any actor who is "unknown" as far as the tabloids is concerned has a major advantage IMHO.

I think EON are unlikely to go with a well known actor for several reasons:
1) The Bond franchise is now firmly back on the road and doesn't need a big name to pull the crowds.
2) Big actors demand big salaries - MGM are pulling purse strings.
3) EON are probably tired of having to compromise to secure actors.
4) "Unknowns" can be tied into longer contracts.
5) 007 needs a good run with the same actor to return to the continuity of Connery/Moore. Hopefully we can get this by Brosnan doing 21 & 22 in 2007!!?

Frankie (30 Aug, 2001 07:10 p.m.):and he is apparently British.

I am apparently British too =)

=
J