55 replies to this topic

#31 jwheels

jwheels

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 05:01 AM

I want special editions of the "Batman" series. The DVD's that are available are pretty much bare-bones.

View Post

I read on a web site, I think it was Batman on film, that they are planning to release a special edition set either late this year, or early next year.

I would like to see a special edition release of a Lethal Weapon set. I'm hoping that they will by 2007, the first one's 20th anniversary.

#32 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 05:01 AM

Yes, what region Brett? <<salivating>>

#33 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 22 February 2005 - 05:16 AM

Sorry, R4. All the extras are DVD-Rom based. A couple of the discs are incorrectly labled with the movie (as in 2-part episodes) titles.

I just asume that anything available in Oz is available elsewhere too. We must have a pretty good stand alone DVD production industry.

#34 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 22 February 2005 - 05:27 AM

The Man From UNCLE Collection (3 Disc Set)

#35 Catspaw

Catspaw

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:34 AM

The Rockford Files
The Batman TV Series
Spectre (1977) starring Robert Culp
Logan's Run TV Series
The Man Who Never Was TV Series starring Robert Lansing
The Starlost
The Krofft Supershow (complete, not the pieces we've been given)
Space Ghost (original)
The Herculoids
The Wild Wild West
Hawaii 5-0
Young Indiana Jones
Shazam/Isis live-action TV series

#36 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 01:03 PM

View Post

Thanks Brett :) I just found my newest DVD purchase.

#37 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 02:19 PM

Red Rock West - it has been out but is now withdrawn.

#38 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 02:29 PM

I also want Man From UNCLE, but at this point I'd just settle for those feature movies. There are three other features they don't have out. I've been watching first season episodes on the GoodLife Channel on cable and the prints look really clear, which makes me wonder if they did some digital cleanup for a future DVD release.

I'd also like the classic Batman series; the Odd Couple, my favorite comedy series besides Seinfeld; Wild Wild West. I understand there's a rights thing going on between Fox and Warner Brothers on Batman. But you'd think with all of the crap TV shows they put out on DVD these days (the 2003 Dragnet starring Ed O'Neil, anybody) they would work on getting some of the classics out, whose popularity reaches across several generations.

As far as movies go, I'd like to see a special edition of the first Mission Impossible movie. And the Beatles second film, Help!. I'm surprised there hasn't been any movement with this since the successful release of A Hard Day's Night back in '02. Let It Be has been rumoured to be in the works for a long time, too.

#39 Catspaw

Catspaw

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 07:11 PM

One more I'd like to see is The Fountainhead with Gary Cooper and Patricia Neal.

#40 MI-6 Director

MI-6 Director

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1246 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 08:44 PM

Sergeant York (1941) starring Gary Cooper

The Battle of the Bulge is finally being released this May. I wish it came out earlier so I wouldn't have wond up with the VHS.

The Blues Brothers keeps becoming available then unavailable. Hopefully I can get my hands on a copy.

#41 Catspaw

Catspaw

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 08:50 PM

God, you get me going on a topic like this and I can't stop...

The Time Tunnel
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (TV series)

It's a sickness, I know.

#42 License To Kill

License To Kill

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1556 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 11:32 PM

I also want Man From UNCLE, but at this point I'd just settle for those feature movies. There are three other features they don't have out. I've been watching first season episodes on the GoodLife Channel on cable and the prints look really clear, which makes me wonder if they did some digital cleanup for a future DVD release.

I'd also like the classic Batman series; the Odd Couple, my favorite comedy series besides Seinfeld; Wild Wild West. I understand there's a rights thing going on between Fox and Warner Brothers on Batman. But you'd think with all of the crap TV shows they put out on DVD these days (the 2003 Dragnet starring Ed O'Neil, anybody) they would work on getting some of the classics out, whose popularity reaches across several generations.

As far as movies go, I'd like to see a special edition of the first Mission Impossible movie. And the Beatles second film, Help!. I'm surprised there hasn't been any movement with this since the successful release of A Hard Day's Night back in '02. Let It Be has been rumoured to be in the works for a long time, too.

View Post

Help! is one of the hardest DVDs to get one's hands on, IMO. And regarding U.N.C.L.E, I too have enjoyed the GoodLife Network's replays of U.N.C.L.E. I enjoy it's timeslot because not alot of good shows are on at 10PM.

#43 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 12:53 AM

The Battle of the Bulge is finally being released this May. I wish it came out earlier so I wouldn't have wond up with the VHS.

View Post

Excellent, thanks for the tip :)

#44 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 01:50 AM

View Post

Thanks Brett :) I just found my newest DVD purchase.

View Post

There ya go then. :)

View Post

They do look clean if not clear. For the most part it looked like that the colour was toned down, "soft" if you will.

All the DVD-ROM extras include PDF documents of various novels, but I'm only guessing as I don't have DVD-ROM to access them yet.

#45 Gabe Vieira

Gabe Vieira

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3873 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 02:28 AM

I would really like to see "The Best of Whose Line is it Anyway." That show is just so funny, but I never get to watch it :)

#46 TheSaint

TheSaint

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 02:36 AM

Rockford Files is on the horizon. Can't believe I forgot to mention Odd Couple!
Part of the annoying thing about these companies dragging their feet on releasing these classics is that the surviving cast members are dropping like flies. Too late to get any kind of new Tony Randall content for such a release.

#47 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4247 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:07 AM

VH1 should release DVDs of some their series, like "The Surreal Life", or "I Love...(the 70's, 80's, 90's)". They're hilarious!

#48 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4247 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:12 AM

We also defenitely need special editions of "King Kong", "Eraserhead", "Twin Peaks", "Cry-Baby" and the ultimate classic..."Howard the Duck". :)

#49 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 01:03 PM

Never thought I would hear anyone request 'Howard the Duck'. :)

#50 Fraternal

Fraternal

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 440 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 04:39 AM

The old T-Bag series', Take Off With T-Bag, T-Bag And The Pearls Of Wisdom etc.

I don't expect American's to know what I am talking about, so don't bother saying so.

#51 Genrewriter

Genrewriter

Cammander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4360 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 08:52 AM

I'd love to see full blown special editions for the first three Lethal Weapon films. Same goes for Phantasm II. It's a great 80's horror film that is at the very least deserving of a movie-only disc with the trailer included. Hmph, maybe Anchor Bay weill get ahold of the rights at some point. :)

#52 Catspaw

Catspaw

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:48 AM

How about Rising Damp and Star Cops? I saw the former in the early 90s on A&E, and the latter on PBS. Have they ever made it to North America on DVD?

#53 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 09:46 AM

I really liked The Zoo Gang from 1974, and based on the Paul Gallico novel. Only 6 episodes were ever made, but I'd buy the DVD if there was one.

The theme song is by Linda & Paul McCartney, which I can't remember now, but it apparantly sounds a little like their Live And Let Die song. It was released on the B side of the "Band On The Run" single.

#54 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 03:41 PM

Quite a few that are unavailable over here.

Still missing some of the old classic buccaneer movies, desperately looking for The CrimsonPirate (with Burt Lancaster) or Erroll Flynn classics The Sea Hawk and Captain Blood. Also keen on Prince Valiant (Robert Wagner)and Ivanhoe.

#55 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 03:50 PM

Hey stromberg. With a region-free player you can get Crimson Pirate, Prince Valiant and Ivanhoe. All three are available in region 1.

#56 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 04:16 PM

It's less a problem of region (my player is region-free) but of language, DLib. I'd love to watch those with family or friends, and not all of them are as familiar with the English language as I am. Or are there German tracks on those DVDs?